I numbered your questions/comments for easier response:
- i’m very new at waxing and bought the Gigi waxing kit.
Waxing takes practice-- that’s why people get paid good money to do it.
- it seems to break alot of the hair.
Even good waxers will break some hair. It takes time to minimize the number you break.
- maybe i’m not doing it correctly. should i put on a thick or thin layer or wax?
It should be fairly thick to grasp the hairs, but the real trick is the consistency. Your skin should be getting pulled tight as you spread the wax on.
- what kind of powder am i suppose to put on before waxing, does it even matter?
A very light dusting of baby powder or talcum powder can help keep the wax from sticking to the skin, which in turn can often make the hairs come out more easily.
- i’m pulling it closely to the skin like i’m suppose to, but the wax it not removing all of the hair like i thought it would.
-press firmly down on the strip and rub it several times in the direction of the hair growth.
-Stretch the skin when you’re ready to remove the strip
-Pull it off in a very quick but even movement in the opposite direction of the hair growth.
- should i just buy a new waxing kit and what do you recommend?
I’d keep practicing a little before giving up. Don’t do the same area until it’s had time to heal, though.
- what is the best way to remove excess wax? baby oil or vaseline?
Baby oil is good, but you can also use a used strip with some wax on it to pick up little bits.