Thermolysis, blend, Flash technique

Hi,
Is there a post that describes the differences and the effectiveness of the following methods:
Thermolysis
Blend
Flash technique?

Which is the best and most efficient for fine facial hair?

Thanks!

All forms of electrolysis are technically equally effective. What is NOT equal is the ability of everyone to apply each and every modality completely effectively. As such, Galvanic is the easiest to learn how to do, followed by blend, followed by thermolysis. It just so happens that Galvanic is the slowest way to do as it takes at least a minute per hair, while blend is about 7 second or more, and thermolysis is about a second or less per hair.

Where you get your problems coming from is that the faster the hair removal form, the less for giving of errors it will be.

what are the differences between them, which one is the one where you hold the metal bar?

The metal bar in the hand (or plate in the arm) is essential in the blend or galvanic alone. Without this electrode, one of the two electric currents (the galvanic) does not work in Blend, you’d only receive thermolysis. And in the galvanic one, would not work at all.

James has explained the main difference in the methods. Speed is the most important factor for the customer, once the effectiveness achieved. There are minor differences as the form of microstructural damage caused by physical or chemical burn. The first gives a hard and dry crust, while the second gives a soft and moist crust.

In my opinion, the choice of method depends on the number of hairs and the body part being treated. For example, legs, arms, chest and back are large areas with numerous hairs, so to be chosen as a quick flash, that allows high speed performance (up to 2000 hairs per hour). Depending on the density of hairs in the area, this can mean an area of skin 20 cm long by 6 cm wide. The leg of a woman could be treated with 4 hours on the first clearance from the knee to the ankle.

If the number of hairs is low and the area is sensitive, a blend will allow us to be more careful and pocket the customer does not notice much difference.

Hi rneni,

Just a little bit of extra information
The differences is with

Galvanic: when the probe is inserted it produces an electrical current the body salt and moisture in the tissue convert to a product called lye (sodium hydroxide). It is the lye that does the destruction in the hair follicle. Therefore Galvanic is a chemical process.

Thermolysis: When the probe is placed into the hair follicle, a tiny amount of heat is applied to destroy the hair follicle. Therefore we are using heat in thermolysis.

Flash: Using thermolysis at high intesity for shorter time half a second or less.

Blend: blend is when both currents thermolysis and galvanic are available at the probe seperately or the same time. to destoy the hair follicle.

I hope this gives you an idea on the differences between each modality.As for effectiveness I agree with James 100%.

All things being equal (i.e. skill of the electrologist), thermolysis is fastest. They’re all effective if the electrologist knows how to use whatever method they choose well. Most modern electrologists who want to provide the fastest and least painful treatment choose to use a type of thermolysis on their clients.

In my personal experience, I always had thermolysis treatments and only needed blend for very deep hairs on one area.

For ME,The Blend is the only thing that would get my neck hairs in control. I was going to thermolysis treatments for 4 yrs and my cheeks became gone in that time BUT my neck hairs remained deep and curved. I was cleared in probably a mth and was getting cleared after that in 2 hrs then one,but my neck hairs,after 3yrs, were still deep so I started going to a blend lady because I read that the blend was more effective on deeply rooted curved hair. I have read thermolysis electrolysis statements over the years saying that the blend ISNT more effect that thermolysis but I have to disagree. I started going to the blend lady and getting a neck clearing every week for a yr and 75% of my hairs left. After that I started solely going to the thermolysis lady everyweek and I was being cleared in 30 mins (face and neck) but the hair wasnt going anywhere. I went back once to the blend lady and she said a lot of my hairs were STILL curved and deep and even after 41/2 yrs of electrolysis. I have had the SRS now and I dont have any testosterone making parts anymore and STILL my hair was growing on my neck so i have started going back to the blend lady to see if the double treatments with the blend is going to speed it up because even after SRS the thermolysis was faster but wasn’t getting rid of hairs, even the extremely fine ones that weren’t deep at all.

So from experience, the BLEND is more effective on deeply curved roots that thermolysis.

What else did You expect? Facial hair that started growing will not fade away by itself. Ok, sometimes hair becomes finer and will grow a little bit (!) slower. BTW: a correctly adjusted HRT leads to a female hormonal situation. SRS itself will have no direct impact on the hair growth.

Back from TS-specifics: i would guess from your contribution that the thermolysis lady is simply less skilled than the lady doing blend.

Beate

Hi:

I am in a similar situation however my electrologist used thermolysis 99 percent of the time and successfully treated
all of my facial and frontal neck hair.

We only used blend on a few isolated stubborn hairs that kept coming back.

Alicia

Whoa! I DIDNT expect it to fade away because of the SRS but I have been told by different forums that after SRS it will be easier to go away WITH electrolysis. I have gone to some of the best electrolysis and my thermolysis lady is very competent. I start electrolysis at 38 yrs old and have NEVER missed a week not ONCE. Thermolysis DOESNT work well on african american curly deeply rooted hair. Now I am going by the research I have done and my personal experience has shown me that. If I only continued with thermolysis ONLY, I STILL would only be 30% finished,.

after 5 yrs.

Thermolysis is the only modality some electrologists use and they obtain permanent results on clients in the general window of 9-18 months. It is how it done that matters. No skill equals no kill, no matter what modality one is receiving.

MissyZanta, if you check out the video on my homepage @ www.ExecutiveClearance.com, the lovely dark skinned lady presented there had the thickest, curliest, blackest hairs you NEVER want to see on a woman’s face. She had them ALL OVER HER CHEEKS SIDEBURNES, CHIN, NECK, UPPER AND LOWER LIPS. All this has been removed via thermolysis by a skilled electrolysis practitioner using an Apilus Platinum and surgical stereo microscope.

Look at her happy clear face and tell me if she is not well done on the area above her jawline. The best thing about this video is that she felt strongly enough about making sure that women like you knew that there really is a sure thing, that she volunteered to show both her clear area, and the area we are still working on. What we spared her was an inserted picture of her first treatment day pics. Trust me, those were some painful pictures to see.

So, go, look at that video and let me know what you think? (Don’t forget to go to full screen and then click on the thingy in the bottom right hand corner to display the video in 1080p HD)

I found the direct link to the video on YouTube, it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwMWtodRqHM and you want to check out the beautiful skin shown at 2:11, 6:15, 7:03, and most importantly, 8:42

You must realize that prior to our start of work, Ileah’s face was covered in raised bumps that alternated between full of puss and dried up blackened necrotic tissue, and plucking scars and holes. The darkest area near the crease of the neck is close to what her entire face looked like, only it was even worse. As I have stated, we have not inserted a picture of Ileah’s Before picture here. We are very fortunate that she cared enough to have this video out in the public.

All her work was done in Thermolysis, and this video shoot was shot only days after her, at that time, most recent treatment. Please give this a look and share your comments.

Thanks for all your replies. That was very helpful. So far I received two test patches - one by the Blend using a newer Clareblend and the other with an old Clareblend thermolysis machine. The old therymolysis machine definitely hurt more then the blend and I felt like broke out with bumps after. Everything is gone now though. Unfortunately, the blend lady over treated one follicle and left a small hyperpigmented scar on my face. I’m going to buy this tea tree oil off of Amazon:

I’m convinced the apilus platinum is the way to go in terms of speed and pain. I’m paranoid about getting over treatment scars. Can someone tell me what the appropriate settings are and a checklist to ensure the place I go to has the appropriate probe/settings? I have sensitive skin, every time I wax my face I break out. Thanks so much for all your help.

As i do not own an Apilus platinum i cannot answer that part of the question. Anyway, there are several older machines allowing more comfortable treatments - somewhere in between the platinum and classical blend or old thermolysis approaches.

But what i can tell You is that You should not wax. Your face. It could strengthen the hair and change fine hair into terminal hair.

Beate

Levels/settings cannot be addressed. The person working on you selects the proper modality along with the proper levels of intensity and timing. This is true whether you are getting treatments with the Platinum or the ClareBlend. You just don’t turn on the Platinum and let the epilator select the levels of intensity and timing. I am always adjusting the intensity and the timing part. The epilator does not rule me, I rule the epilator and what I use for very coarse gray hair is not what the next electrologist uses. We both can still kill the hair with the levels we choose. That’s one of many reasons why the Platinum is a great tool for permanent hair removal.