The "Wound Module"

Susan of Prestigeelect.com is really efficient, I made the request last week’s DVD telangitron and yesterday I received. Today I started my first treatment of telangiectasia. It’s amazing how easy it is if you to follow the instructions. My first client (a truly brave woman) came to me for treatment of a few hairs on her chin with Electrolysis, and I suggested the possibility of treating small blood vessels on her nose. She gladly accepted and this is the result. The second photo was taken immediately after, so there is some erythema and edema in the area. Next Monday we do the other side of the nasal wall.

Before:

A few minutes after:

Machine used: Apilus Platinum
Method: Omniblend.

Thanks again Michael.

(I agree, AEA should reconsider its position on this issue)

Oh Jossie!

I have 4 words for you: “Mag-nif-i-cent!” Bravo …

Hi Josefa,

Beautiful photographs.

I read Bono’s Telangiectasia book in the 1990’s and have been doing the procedure on friends and family with great results. You see, here, estheticians and electrologists are not licensed to do it. This has nothing to do with the AEA.

I do not know what kind of influence the AEA has but it would be great if the AEA would lobby for electrologists to add telangiectasia to its services. Many people have told me they prefer it to laser.

I am going to purchase the DVD.

Yes, the point is electrologists are not specifically prohibited in most states; just not specifically “licensed to do the procedure.” Of course, estheticians are also not specifically licensed to do the procedure — but they have overtaken the industry. Just go to any esthetics convention and there are four or five manufacturers selling their “telangitron clone” to estheticians (including Dectro). Dectro, by the way, also makes Vascu-Touch that is sold by a company in Alabama (they sell to estheticians.)

The point, is Stateboards do not CREATE jobs or procedures — they are there to protect the public. Once a procedure is being done, they will have a look at it. Remember micro-derm was a big controversy and so was permanent make-up? Where AEA continually misses the boat is that they want to function as a regulatory agency, instead of promoting the industry. State boards and associations should be opposites. Anyway, the procedure is already out there and there have been thousands of treatments with no problem.

The newest “telangitron clone” retails for $28,000 (Vein Wave). And, you already have the machine! But, what keeps most of us from doing this? Fear. And AEA is a fear-based organization. Sorry, but 30 years of experience with AEA gives me this conclusion. And yes, AEA has everything “to do with it!” Were it not for AEA lobbying State medical boards, electrologists would be doing laser too.

Hi Michael. There is a lot of equipment marketed to us at esthetic conventions for procedures that our insurance will not cover. So, I have to steer clear. I would love for the AEA to start doing what deceased Wally and his associates did for SCME years ago when they felt laser should be in the hands of electrologists. Who knew? I, along with Petricca and so many others, thought laser hair removal had too many limitations but…

Thanks for the nice reply Arlene. Yes, I suppose we made a boo boo. In those early years I was swimming against the current!

I have learned two things in my many decades of life: 1) never bet against technology, and 2) the marketplace will decide what it wants. Nobody, in any form of economy, can micromanage those two essential elements. AEA continually tried to manage these two areas — and it’s not possible.

All organizations end up, in their maturity, like AEA — we are at “stage IV,” where the corporation becomes an end in itself and is not aware there has been a dramatic shift in the landscape. Electrology is on “life support” and ALL our organizations busy themselves with the same things they have been doing for years and years. It’s predictable.

I have much to offer and I’m brimming with ideas. I’m hoping I can be effective in the California Association once we become unaffiliated — I think that might be happening in the next few months or so. Cutting the “bonds” will free-up a lot of pent up energy and creativity (and money) in our State. California is big State: 4 times the population of Sweden and an economy greater than Russia and Italy. We still rank number 8 in world economies. Actually, I think AEA will eventually take note of what California is doing and take our lead. We do need a national association, but they have no clear-cut mission any more.

Thanks Michael. This was my first case. When I’ve done a few hundred, I hope to have the same ability as the hands on the DVD.
My Spanish colleagues are becoming big fans of Bono products. I have not been, I swear (the culprit was James) :grin:

Arlene, if someone asks you can always say that the needle was directed to a hair and found a small blood vessel by the way … (just kidding). Thanks for the comment of the photographs.

Before

5 days later…

Note: The electrologist is best placed to eliminate telangiectasias with needle electrolysis, since no one knows best the effect of currents in the skin.

By the way, Jossie, all the doctors tell me that removing teles from this area of the nose is virtually impossible with any med method they are using. If you succeed with this area, you will succeed with everything. I usually tell people not to try vessels on the legs, but I think you can do it. I just had total success on leg vessels (be sure they are the correct size).

Ciao

Michael, You will never know what your words mean to me.

I had never dared to eliminate telangiectasias, if you had not encouraged me to do it across the words written in your book.

It is so easy to learn with your explanations. You have taught so many things to me across your books. In them there is a response for ALL the things. There does not exist anything that you have not described, drawn or photographed masterfully in order that we could feel any more insurances and to transmit this safety to our clients. I will put an example:
For years I have seen a phenomenon that happens when we extract the hair of a treated follicle, small things (similar to blond very thin hair) they remain caught in the mouth of the follicle. My clients were asking me: what is this?, I could never put name to this and I was saying to them, “It has to be one of the root sheath of hair”.

Well, so the answer, (of course, how not!) is in your book (pag. 246 of The Blend Method (1ª edition)) and (pag. 94 of Treatment Strategy for Electrology (I think), I am not sure because I have it in the place of work and now I am in home).

These little sheath are the cause of some side effects post-treatment and secondary injuries such as infections when it remains inside the follicle.

This seems not to have a lot of importance, but for me it is important to obtain answers and to know that someone in another part of the world did the same questions to himself and came to same conclusions that this humble and ignorant Spanish woman.

Thanks for existing, Michael Bono.

Despite my irascible crankiness, I do love you Jossie! Remember, please charge an appropriate fee for this — PLEASE. Julie, our tech at Skin Essentials medical spa averages $800 per week doing this tiny procedure that actually takes no time, and is insanely easy. It’s like “shooting fish in a barrel!” For some reason, I almost never do the procedure (maybe because there is no challenge?); I like the “big stuff!” backs, underarms, and chest. Give me LOTS of hair and I’m a happy “zapper!”

Challenge is my middle name, Michael. :wink:

In this day, before.

A few minutes later …

Before

NOTE: James,I promise that the photo a few days later, of this case will be the last one I put in Hairtell. Electrologists of the world deserve this small vindication of what any of us can achieve. Thanks for your patience with me.