the mind of the hairy body

I’m sitting here on the verge of my first LHR session. (Coolglide at a salon). Sometimes I come on these posts and my spirits improve, sometimes the opposite. As much as I have read, talked with doctors, dermatologists, salon-sters, I still feel like I’m going into this with uncertainty and risk. I feel somewhat foolish even attempting something so many who have experienced it themselves warn you to stay away from, yet somehow the glimpse of hope wins out in the end, and you think it might work for you. I do have lighter skin which tans and dark hair, which ppl have told me is more towards the ideal. My dermatologist sent me to a doctor who uses the Alexandrite and would charge $1,000 each time for back, not including shoulders. Then a weekly newspaper advertised LHR at a salon that includes 6 treatments, back and shoulders for $2050. They use a coolglide. My testpatch gave me this tiny little blister, but other than that no problems. I’m not even sure if the mark was there beforehand. Nonetheless, it’s still in the back of my mind as I go in for treatment of a larger area. So I don’t know, will this trigger more hair growth, will I blister ridiculously, does this in any way affect the skin negatively long term? Most of us are consumed with our body hair. It’s kinda sad coming on here and reading all these posts, and seeing how our hair so negatively affects our self-esteem. I wish this post was more focused but it’s kinda stream of conscious. I will keep ppl posted on my own experience which I know I’ve found helpful from this site.

“Sometimes I come on these posts and my spirits improve, sometimes the opposite. … sad … seeing how our hair so negatively affects our self-esteem.”

Best of luck. Tough call, either way - keep it or attempt to loose it. Cheers