the human body and its wonders

Ive spent alot of my time feeling self concious about my excessive body hair, and though it does make me feel like an outcast. i think we need some how find the ability to be thankful that hair is not so serious. i somehow stumbled across this video on youtube when i searched embarrising body hair. i feel so terrible for this poor soul and many others. and it makes me feel awfull about myself when i get so down about hair.

WARNING! this video may be offensive

OMG! This is stunning video!

I came across this video a long time ago when I was searching through embarrassing conditions. I guess I didn’t want to feel alone in the world! This person definitely has a lot to deal with and I feel for him. Even though this video was made to make people aware of his condition and how it effects his life, I’m sure he has to deal with people gawking at him because of his differences. Plus, how hard it must be to do simple everyday tasks. It is very cruel the things people have to endure in this world. Hair issues may seem minor in comparison, but those that deal with excess hair still have quite a few challenges too.

This is a case of neurofibromatosis, an autosomal dominant (genetic) disorder that causes the growth of tumors.

Note that even if you surgically excise the tumors, they reappear.

So sad…

I wonder if the world had these types of disorders years ago? It seems like more and more strange things are happening to our bodies as the years progress.

We just have to learn to accept ourselves one time or another. The sooner we do it the better. It may take a long time but gradually we can accept ourselves and love ourselves as we are intended to be by nature.

We just have to learn to accept ourselves one time or another. The sooner we do it the better. It may take a long time but gradually we can accept ourselves and love ourselves as we are intended to be by nature.

Chewy,

This is not new. These people made a living working in circuses for centuries. Sometimes the genes give us a raw deal. We all know as human beings that beauty is skin deep.

Good point, Dee! I guess it just seems strange because we weren’t as aware of all of the oddities in the world before we had all of this technology to communicate and share.

This also makes me wonder how they advertised electrolysis 100 years ago? hmm? anyone know?