The future of hair removal

Andrea,or anyone else for that matter, do consumers have anything to look forward to in terms of permanent hair removal, say, in the next 10-15 years? It seems that cosmetic surgeries and other related practices are becoming more common place, particularly with lasers. Since this is the case I would expect that younger people will have a better chance dealing with body hair in the future.

While it is a bit disconcerting to read that laser practioners have probably promised too much over the years, is there any reason to believe that laser technology advancements will accelerate as more people poor money into this industry? Thanks.

Although the LASER people have always over promised (and under delivered :roll_eyes: ) they may be able to find a better combination in the next decade or so… there is a lot of money at stake…

Other possible advances include gene therapy, and hopefully, something based on soy derivatives…

However, I think that as the majority of follicular research is based on trying to cure baldness, I hope that some scientist somewhere finds that the science behind an effective baldness cure also has applications in permanent hair removal… that guy/gal is going to make some money when they do…

In the mean time, we still have good electrolysis, performed by a competent operator using modern equipment as our benchmark and to offer hope to those on the permanent hair removal journey…

Cheers,

David

Hi tbanner523

The future of hair removal is a very big industry. For many years it has generated a lot of money mainly among the female market, and as IHH correctly says on curing baldness in men. These aspects are interlinked and will both be put too use. Quite a while ago I mentioned a remark from Arthur C. Clark, the science fiction writer, where he claimed male depilatories would become a major industry in the 21st century.

I will be one of the first investors here, because we don’t need hair too survive anymore. This is obvious too any thinking person. Our technology does that for us, and male hair is quite frankly unhygenic. A shower is much faster without chest and leg hair interfering. Just imagine how bacteria breed unchecked in personal areas of your body covered with hair!

Anyway you have raised a good subject and worth futher discussion.

Regards
Stuart

because we don’t need hair too survive anymore. This is obvious too any thinking person.
Well, the weather might change, and the (body) hair might become a new fashion. It’s hard to predict.

Hi Ants

Yeah, it’s hard too say for sure particularly regarding fashion trends as they come around again. My opinion though is that body hair will be increasingly regarded as unfashionable and I suppose “dirty” in future. I think a smooth look will be a prerequisite to appearing young and athletic for men. I know it has been good for me and as opposed to looking effiminate as I once thought it would be, it has actually increased my masculine appearance. Most men naturally have good muscular shape and definition on their legs so I say why not shave off the hairs and show it off.

Regards
Stuart

The future of hair removal looks very good especially for the ethical electrologist. Our office are filling up with disappointed x-laser patients that now want permanent hair removal.

These devices have stimulated the market tremendously. Their advertising makes anyone feel abnormal with any type of hair growth. They have made both male and female feel abnormal if they do not rid themselves of hair.

So for now the future of hair removal will continue to be a billion dollar industry.

I agree with that. Hair removal will be a big thing both in the short term and longer term view. I think it will affect both sexes almost equally quite soon. I haven’t had enough time in the past, but as soon as I get a holiday I intend to remove all leg hairs permanently.
Stuart

FYI, Leg work goes much faster than facial work ever does. The hairs are all straight, facing the same direction, and the surface is flat. I have been able to clear both legs from ankle to the knee in 3 hours or less on the first visit more than once.

More people should consider leg hair removal. On the otherhand, most say that since it is easy to shave, they don’t mind doing it. At the very least, it is the last thing on their hair removal agenda. Of course, I don’t think they realise that it is the easiest thing to get fast results on.

Hi James

You are quite right. Shaving is easy but I still would prefer to do it much less if I could. Electrolysis looks the best with a professional. For the record I now find it difficult to skip a day or so without taking off the stubble as it feels and looks “wrong” or a bit untidy to me now, like not shaving my face for a few days. I see many men now taking pride in a clean look on their legs here, and I think it adds to good personal grooming experience. I am all for it, time permitting and finding the right professional.

Regards
Stuart

More people should consider leg hair removal. On the otherhand, most say that since it is easy to shave, they don’t mind doing it. At the very least, it is the last thing on their hair removal agenda. Of course, I don’t think they realise that it is the easiest thing to get fast results on.
James, I really can’t see your logic in the post. Why should more people consider leg hair removal? You mentioned that it’s easy for electrologists to work on, but why should people do remove such hair when they don’t think they don’t mind having those hair?

I am not talking about people who like their leg hairs, or who don’t mind them being there. I am speaking of the people who are constantly using temporary leg hair removal.

Most people come to the electrologist to remove facial hair, and think that the legs will take much longer than the face, and that is not true. So for the person who has done face work, and thinks the legs would be longer, since it is not true, one might want to actually see what that work would be like, so one could get the same result on the legs as one got on the face.

I would never try to “Sell” anyone on hair removal of hair they want to have, or don’t find to be problematic.

I actually spend more time trying to get people to be less neurotic about the hair they have. I have clients who want me to remove hair that no one sees but them, and even then only when they are looking in their $100.00 10x’s magnification mirror with the hollywood lights.

I could just take the money, and do the work (since I can see it too with my microscope) but it is unneeded work, that people can’t see from a conversational distance.

I am not talking about people who like their leg hairs, or who don’t mind them being there. I am speaking of the people who are constantly using temporary leg hair removal.
Thanks, I did not see this part earlier.

As for me, I don’t want to remove my leg hair. Although they are quite hairy, and I use temporary hair removal (about once per hair). I do feel like to keep them, and remove them when needed.