The effectiveness of....

Hey there everyone. I had shaved for a while until I got tired of the nearly everyday work along with the irritation. I then tried waxing but the pain is a bit too much for me to handle and I don’t really have the money to be getting it done professionally all the time :frowning: . Has anyone ever tried the commercial products you can get from the local drugstore like Nair or Nad’s or anything like those? If anyone has any prior experience or advice it would be greatly appreciated!

in my experience nair is pretty much worthless. it doesn’t last any longer than shaving, so it’s basically more expensive, messy, smelly shaving. sometimes it doesn’t even work at all, especially if the hair is too short. in the past i used to use nair on my legs before a camping trip or some other outing where i wouldn’t be able to shave for a couple days, thinking it would keep me smooth. wrong! i really wouldn’t recommend it. if you are using it on longer hairs, it works better, but it also fails to get all of them so you will need to go over it with a razor anyway. and very thick hair is out the window too…

I have used nads natural hair removal gel (i.e.sugaring) with cotton strips that are provided. I find that it is ok for underarms etc, but it is essentially the same as waxing.

The main difference to waxing is that it won’t stick to your skin in the same way that wax strips do and, because it’s a sugar based gel, you can wash it off easily.

It can be a bit painful if you haven’t done it before, but no worse than any other method if you do it quickly