The Beginning of My Story

I’m very happy that I found this forum. I lost hope of ever living hair-free for awhile now, but since discovering the “Diary of a European Guy” thread my faith has been restored. I am a 19 year old man living in Boston. I’m of Italian/German descent, so I have very pale skin with moderate black body hair. I have desperately looked into finding an electrologist in Boston, but I have had zero luck. I have looked into our “best” places for electrolysis and they have all turned me done because the areas I want treated are too large! They told me I should try laser, but I told them if I am paying that much money I want guaranteed results not iffy ones. They never responded to my emails.

I have wanted to remove my body hair for as long as I can remember. I was always ridiculed for it, but I acted as if it was no bother to me when in reality it is my biggest and only insecurity. I go through the summer without removing my shirt. I feel as though unless you are going through it yourself there’s no way of understanding. It brings me so many feelings of disgust with my body. I am 5’11 and 135 pounds and it just doesn’t look right on me. I want so desperately to be free of it once and for all.

I’m very paranoid about having my skin marred/discolored/etc so I am only seeking the best possible treatment available which led me to Michael Bono. The set up is very ideal for me because of the option to stay with him and be monitored closely for optimum results and minimum discomfort. The areas I want treated are chest, stomach, back, and buttocks. I also want my inner thighs thinned out a bit.

I took some photos (sorry they are iPhone quality, I can’t find my actual camera!) and I’m curious, in your professional opinions, approximately how many hours do you think I’d need to be treated, so I know how much money I will need before booking an appointment! Thank you! These photos were taken with 3 months between shaving. It’s difficult to take a photo of my back, but there isn’t much and it’s only my lower and I doubt you want a picture of my fuzzy butt!

I don’t know how far this person is from you, but check out her:

Paula Arrigo, RE
1001 Memorial Drive
Cambridge, MA. 02138
Phone : (617) 835-0701

Thanks for the kind email,

If you send me a private email, with your email address, I will send you a photo of a guy I just finished.

His was such a “fast” case, I didn’t bother to take a photo afterward (6 hours total for the chest, and MUCH more than what you have). However, I’m pretty sure he would be willing to talk to you directly about his experiences with electrolysis. (A couple other guys too … )

I can see in your photos that you are going to have a LOT of hair grow in … in the next 5 years or so. The kid I am working on from the UK is also only 19-years-old, but his hair completely grew in … so, this is something you need to consider.

I think that because your hairs are so light on the chest and stomach, the laser could be a risk for actually making them much bigger. (You can read about this on this Hairtell site.)

Oooops, I think I just posted this in the wrong place!

BTW … I was chatting with Dr. Chapple and talking about the newest “filler” called “Belotero.” Very interesting material from Merz GmbH (Swiss) check it out. I asked him to look at a spot on my stupid face that I’ve been noticing … He removed it because he’s pretty sure it’s a “Pre-melanoma.” NICE! I do like the “pre” part.

Funny thing is that I’m “all over” my own patients but myself … I mostly neglect. Maybe I’d better start thinking about wearing sun screen? he he he … (Probably too late?)