Thanks to you all

Was “this close” to buying an aavexx unit from amazon until I came upon this forum and it’s parent site and found it to be complete crap. Now I’ve ordered the uni-probe stylus and needles and have 99% of the parts already on hand to build a 200-650 microamp unit myself.

Thanks to you all!

Bobbie

I dont think I would bother with trying to construct a circuit. Go for a professional grade epilator.Best advice I ever received when learning electrology was to do exactly that.Also I’m no a fan of precision probes, I find them very sharp and that they scrape the follicle when inserting.If it were me I’m opt for some sterex or ballet probes.

2 Likes

yes sterex and ballet are both standard f-shank probes.Also if you let me now where in the world you are located, I might be able to point you at somewhere that has used machines available. ( possibly but no promises)

Well when you get frustrated with that, you should hit up our own Dee Fahey, who is in C-bus to see if she has any old machines cluttering up her closet. You’ll make much better progress in blend than in pure galvanic.

Seems like a fun project. Please take care not to crank up the settings and overtreat the follicle. Consider lower settings and slower treatment, and experiment with leaving the hair to sit in the follicle with the lye before removing it.

The lye continues to have an effect even after you stop the current. Leaving it in the follicle before removing the hair can be gentler for your skin and can help with avoiding overtreatment and managing pain. I almost always leave the lye to sit in the follicle when doing slow blend while I continue on to treat other follicles. It means I can use lower settings and less exposure time if I want to be gentle.

I mention this because others who have posted about their DIY experiences with galvanic epilators tend to overtreat resulting in very large scabs which are temporary but still unfortunate.

This is so cool! Love seeing a fellow crafty Ohioan committed to thriftiness. I really need to learn more about hacking around with electronics because I always think it looks so fun. All I know how to do so far is solder wires together, haha.

Have you gotten this working well and safely on your face?

You didnt use the DIY machine? Why? Did it not work ?

Glad to hear that.
:slight_smile: