testosterone replacement - will it make me hairier?

Not sure if this is the correct forum, or not, but I will put it here anyway…

I am looking at some testosterone supplement therapy for the andropause - male menopause if you will…

Does anyone have any direct experience of this and how it may affect the hair growth patterns… I know it is a complex area, and there are many variables, but searching through the websites I have already researched comes up with very little information about the hairiness to expect with more Testosterone in the system… or less oestrogen… depending on the treatment recommended…

Is FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) an active indicator of potential hair growth… is free testosterone by itself something that will make me hairier…

As if I don’t have enough, I don’t want more… I would hate to have permanent treatment like electrolysis and then see more grow from the TRT program…

Any help would be appreciated…

David

Hi IHH–

Low doses of testosterone have radically different effects on people. Some people are more prone to hollicle stimulation than others, but I’d say it’s likely that you will have increased metabolism, hair growth and sex drive. The amount of each is too difficult to say.

Thanks for the reply…

I think I am going to be the group lab rat here… I will get onto the program and let you all know what happens…

Cheers,

David

I would think that once a hair follicle is dead, it’s dead and the hair will never come back. Of course that doesn’t mean dormant ones will not be stimulated. Any doctors on the board?

RJC2001