testosterone replacement - will it make me hairier?

Not sure if this is the correct forum, or not, but I will put it here anyway… you guys and gals seem to know lots about your hormones…

I am looking at some testosterone supplement therapy for the andropause - male menopause if you will… I am a reasonably healthy 39 y/o male… just with some issues that indicate the andropause is beginning…

Does anyone have any direct experience of this and how it may affect the hair growth patterns… I know it is a complex area, and there are many variables, but searching through the websites I have already researched comes up with very little information about the hairiness to expect with more Testosterone in the system… or less oestrogen… depending on the treatment recommended…

Is FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) an active indicator of potential hair growth… is free testosterone by itself something that will make me hairier…

As if I don’t have enough, I don’t want more… I would hate to have permanent treatment like electrolysis and then see more grow from the TRT program…

Any help would be appreciated…

David

http://www.hairtell.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=31;t=000046

In response to your question about testosterone and hair growth: I am not transgendered or transsexual. I am a male in my mid 50s that has no male Y chromosome. Only two XX chromosomes. I HAD a very feminine body. I was not bothered by my physical appearance. I was put on testosternone by doctors in my mid to late forties, and was horrified at the amount of body hair, upper body bulk and acne the testosterone created. I wish I could go back and not take the testosterone. I took myself off the hormone. I have been testosterone free for about 5 years, but am still very hairy and bulky.

(Sorry about the mis-spellings. I wish there was a spell checker here as I lack spelling abilities.)

A good doctor will probably adjust your testosterone prescription. I started out with self-injections and then went to a patch.
I hope this helps.
Mike