Tend Skin with shaving bikini line - Please share

Hi there,

I just came accross this forum beacause I would like to have some comments of women who have been succesfully using Tend Skin on their bikini line. I’m asking because I just (1 week) started using it and am a little bit concerned.

First of all, let’s say that I am shaving my bikine line to a medium bikini (hair removed on the lips and each side to leave a small triangle.) I used to go all bare but it was a total mess. I also would like to have it done by waxing, but the only time I did it I got some really bad ingrown hairs that took me some time to heal. Definitely don’t want to do it again until I am sure it won’t happen again.

So for a week I’ve been using Tend Skin twice a day and I must say I have some great results with ingrown. I shave once every two days and I have seen just a couple ingrowns which is a great improvement, BUT my skin is so red that it’s almost as if having cured my ingrowns didn’t matter. I had performed tests on small areas before using it and it was alright, so I don’t know. Has anyone seen this before? I can see it works for ingrowns, I just wish it also worked with redness for me. I have some red marks (like little dots) that are not vanishing also. So I’m veryyyyy smooth, but i am full of pink and red dots and redness between the legs. Great!

I am thinking maybe I’m overapplying ? What’s the correct amount for it to work?
I’m commited to try for as long as my first bottle (8 oz) is not finished, so I wish I will see results by then, but I would be glad if other women will tell me how long it took them to be satistified and if it worked with waxing!

By the way, If men have ideas on how to use Tend Skin successfully also I won’t refuse them!

Thank you!!!

I have no experience at all with this product, but want to ask if this redness was as a result of the ingrowing hairs, or if it began since using the tend skin?

Tend skin’s active ingredients are salicylic acid and alcohol. It works by taking away the dead skin, and softening the upper layer of skin, and springing the ingrown hairs free. Any spot injuries from the ingrown hairs will potentially crust, scab, or otherwise due to the quick coagulation cause by the product, and the irritation factor may keep your soft sensitive skin filled with blood due to the healing actions taking place.

You may wish to look into more permanent means to your look, if you can settle on a look that you would want to be permanent. After all, if you had gotten a full permanent Brazilian, you could not now have a small triangle.

Like James has explained, it’s the ingredients in the Tend Skin. I have used the equivalent that is available in the UK and it’s very harsh. Yes, twice a day for 3 days is what you need to free up ingrowns but I don’t think it’s meant to be used continuously, just once a month, say.

I used to wax but finally had Laser. I had the bikini thong done which is more or less as you describe your current shaving regime.
I got amazing results very quickly and it’s made a huge difference. The skin on my bikini line area looks so much better and I just trim down the triangle. I just wish I had been more informed in my early twenties, I could have avoided a lot of skin trauma by regular waxing.

It’s hard to tell, since because I started to shave again while using Tend Skin ( I’ve been like a month or a lil bit less without touching anything since the last wax I had left me with major ingrowns hair and I wanted it to heal) so I don’t really know if Tend Skin is responsible for the redness or shaving is. I guess it’s shaving & ingrown hair since it’s really worse on a side than on the other.

Okay, so if I get what you’re saying it might get better once the injuries are heal, since it’s the remaining ingrowns and wounds that are affected by Tend skin?

Yes, I can totally have a small triangle now, as I think it looks better to have some hair than to have none and be full of red bumps, ingrowns and skin redness. As I’m only just 19 years old, I also do not want ( and can’t afford) to go for permanent solutions. I just want a way to be able to wear bikinis this summer, I don’t ask for more than that for the moment. I trim down remaining hair and I’m quite okay with that.

I can say it’s tempting to go for laser or electrolysis, but as I said before I’m only just 19 years old, so i’ts hard to think about something permanent and I don’t have the money for it.

Also, as I’m pale skin and reddish-blond haired, I don’t think laser could work for me. If it does, it’s probably something I would think of when I’m lil bit older and hopefully wealthier.

(By the way, sorry for my english, it’s not my first language so sometimes I don’t really know the words for things!! )

Laser treatments for bikini aren’t that expensive, especially given waxing prices. You will see a huge difference from every 3-4 treatments. You can find them for $100-150 per treatment and you only need treatments once every 2-3 months.

but do you think it works on pale brown hair? I’m blond but let’s say down there it’s more pale brown, some of the hair darker, but overall not really dark at all? If i ever go for laser, I want to make sure it’ll work!!

You can go in and do a test spot for free. Then wait 3 weeks to see if the hair sheds. If it does, it’s dark enough.

Okay, so for those who might be wondering how my situation had evolved since the last time I posted something here :

I had to stop using Tend Skin. I don’t have a clue why it didn’t work but the redness became unbearable because the skin was so irritated it burned like hell just wearing thight jeans. My skin became very very dry, even with moisturizing cream it didn’t seem to change a thing. So right now I’m shaving against the grain and letting it heal properly, I don’t have so many ingrown hairs no more, at least but the redness (spots and general redness all over the area) is really annoying and uncomfortable.
I made a test on my underarms, where I never had any troubles and guess what? just after one application of Tend Skin I became red all over. So there is really something in it that doesn’t work for me, maybe I’m allergic, I don’t know. As a kid, I never really used Aspirin and now as an adult I always use Advil so perhaps I’m allergic to salicylic acid and I didn’t know it.

Anyway, thanks to you all for the advices and comments!