TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS

Piling on to say, not a problem. IT WILL HEAL FINE!

1 Like

what should I be putting on it? I put a light retin-a every few days to try and renew the skin. should I stop that ? any remedies for faster healing?

thank u so much!

The skin will renew itself. The only thing I would consider is gentle exfoliation, but not right after having electrolysis. Give it a week or two to heal naturally. Keep your gut biota healthy and let Mother Nature heal your skin. Medicants can interfere with a perfectly natural process.

1 Like

Do not put anything on it. Leave the skin alone. There is NOTHING you can do to speed healing.

1 Like

I agree with David. Immediately after treatment, I do like witch hazel and cold aloe vera gel. DABS of tea tree oil is good for some skin types. After that, leave it alone or you could be interfering with Mother Nature, the best healer of all.

Please any info:
I have had galvanic electrolysis but the skin above the inserted needle raises resembling the needle shape (length) while lye comes out. This skin comes away easily to leave a red ‘hole’.

Is an experienced, trained professional working on you.?

Hi, Thanks for the reply. Found a lower intensity resolved the issue as the current was too high.

Hey guys!

I’m a new member here and couldn’t find how to create a page so I hope someone can see my message and help me out. I have been getting electrolysis on my upper leg area and has some doubts about some of the scarring which seems like a permanent scar to me but I have been told it is normal and would heal. They are not extreme but when you tighten the skin and touch the surface, you can feel tiny bumps. It even feels like it might be result of too much collagen or sth like that built up to “heal” as the body’s response, you know.

The treatment I got was around March-April and this is the current situation. Any ideas on what they might be and any suggestions? (I think they are similar to keloid scars but I’m not an expert so I truly have no idea and hope that they get better somehow.)