TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS

Don’t “sweat it!” This “S.I.M.P.L.E.” is simply a “trade name” for something LOTS of us do all the time … sometimes, or whenever the situation “calls for it.”

(I get it, but don’t “get” the “LED” part? There is no LED used in an HF treatment … is there? I mean: Light Emitting Diode.)

The name was initiated by Suzanne Anderer (if I’m correct), and simply means that the needle it positioned up-and-down, or down-and-up in the follicle. Nothing “new” about it (it was simultaneously “invented” by MANY electrologists; it’s just what we do) … Indeed, this term is just a means to make “what you do” seem new or to make you stand out in the crowd.

I’m not a big fan of trade names that don’t actually INFORM or truly educate the public … but mostly try to “razzle dazzle” them. Bad show, really; just unnecessary confusion.

It’s a fine technique … Please don’t give it a second thought! It’s seriously not worth it.

"A rose by any other name … " Well, you know.

Hi! Is it bad if you don’t get the kind of reaction in the pictures here? Does that reduce your chances that it’s being effective?

I just started facial electrolysis and got some bumps that look a little bit like some of the lower pictures of Edema – except not nearly as noticeable.

It has been a few weeks since my first treatment, though, and the hair hasn’t grown back yet from that first treatment. (It would normally grow back by now if I had simply plucked.) So the fact that that area is still bare except for a few new sprouts that were in the wrong phase (weren’t there) when we did it makes me hopeful!

But I’m wondering if the mildness of my bumps is an indication of not enough electrical current? The area is a bit tender to the touch. But the pimply things are so faint that I’m not even covering them with makeup (I don’t think anyone will notice them.) And it’s only been two days since my second treatment …

I’ve read some posts that scabs are a positive sign and such. Is it unusual and/or a sign of less effective electrolysis if you don’t have much reaction?

I don’t believe in the thinking that scabs are a positive sign that you had a better treatment. In fact, I will say it is hogwash! I wanted to say a much worse word than hogwash, but no need for being crude to express my insistence that scabbing is not a requirement for disabling a hair follicle. I do everything I can, not scab a persons face because the physical appearance of scabbing can be as bad as having the hair. It scares people and can affect their self-esteem to have a lot of facial scabbing.

If you get a few pin point size scabs, don’t obsess about it. It’s okay. They will go away naturally. Do not pick them.

Examples of what Pustules look like:

These go away quickly. Dabs of tea tree oil will dissolve these or may prevent them. A warm shower or a warm compress will help them disappear, too.

Tell your electrologist if you develop these for further advice or they may want to adjust treatment energy next visit? Better yet, take a picture and show her/him.

I want to thank you guys for posting these pics. It really helps me to know what to look for as ‘normal’ post treatment effects and to get a feel for possible ‘abnormal’ effects due to allergic reactions or reactions from treatment. And as long as I’m calm and relaxed about a post treatment effect, my clients have faith in me enough to be relaxed by my ‘it’s fine, just give it some time and the … will subside’ calm encouraging words.

Can shaving the face ever stimulate hair growth? This is what I’ve been told recently by my elec.

No, it cannot.

HYPERPIGMENTATION

READ THIS :

Posted by Michael Bono on 3/14/2014:

Hi,

2 weeks ago the area under my nose above my lip has been treated with electrolysis. I had some swelling but that went away.
My skin is still red, like in the above picture (except I don’t have those “pustules”). The skin has no scabs or dents for a lack of words, the skin just looks red. It are not pinpoint red points but it’s spread out over the skin.
I use aloe vera but I wonder why and when I can expect the skin colour to return to normal?

thanks for posting these pictures, it’s great to refer to and know what’s expected or possible, helps a lot :slight_smile:

Hi i have been having electrolysis for approx. 9 months on my face. I have developed some side effects on my cheeks and face where i am being treated. The best way to describe this would be it looks as though i have acne. I did not suffer with acne prior to treatment therefore it would be helpful to obtain advice about how to minimise the appearance of these spots on my face. I have attached some photos to help show what i am trying to explain

qwerty Attachments

20151228_142543-1-1-1_resized.jpg

20151228_142705_001-3_resized.jpg

Were your hair structures fine,medium, coarse, very coarse? If your hairs were fine, the bumps would not occur. How long ago was last treatment? what is your aftercare?

Did you take a before pictures?

I would say my hair was medium to course. I’ve attached one before picture although it’s not very clear. I previously would bleach the hairs which is why they may not show up well in the picture. In terms of after-care, I use lots of aloe vera gel and use dermalogica daily microfolant to try and help with the spots. My last treatment was approx. 3 weeks ago.

qwerty Attachments

before 1.jpg

how temporary?

Those vesicles in photo #2 (right cheek) are lesions I have never seen post-electrology … in 40 years. The other photos are nominal.

That is why I asked how temporary. It’s likely the OP doesnt know however. I have seen lesions like this but they were not from electrology.

The very first time I did laser, it was with a student who barely spoke a word of english. I think she dropped out.She did a lousy job and I ended up with red markes ( somewhat like acne) similar to this, but on my left cheek were two marks that preented very similarly to this. Over a year later they were still there though not as inflamed. A single very grey hair (the only ones on that cheek at the time) was growing out of each of them. I removed the greys with blend, actually way over treated them. I had always assumed they were moles.

The thing is, moles dont go away and these did after being treated with electrolysis.They still held on for a few months as they faded, but once the hair was gone they diminished.

I never found out what the physiology behind these abnomalities was, but they seemed to diminish after the follicle was killed. They presented, almost exactly like these have. Today 3 years later, there is zero trace of them. Could have been partially ingrown? I’m not sure, but I would wit and see if they fade or mostly go away over the next 2-3 months. I think they might.

I’m looking for pictures of this, but I think they may have been deleted when I reset a tablet a few months ago. I dont remember if I ever transferred the pictures to PC.

Seana

I was treated with laser approx 2 and a half years ago which was ineffective and actually induced more hair on my face than i had previously. The marks on my face have flared up a few days after i started having electrolysis treatment on those particular area which was about2 months ago and have not faded. I guess i am just worried that if i continue to have treatment on the area it may lead to permanent pigmentation/scarring.

Those vesicles we are talking about “flared up a few days after electrolysis … and [lasted] two months.”

It could be that inflammation fired-up a virus that you might have had in the past, i.e., herpes. I do not think your electrologist either caused this or that this was a direct result of electrolysis. I would have these lesions checked by a dermatologist.

Again, these vesicles … that appeared days after treatment … were not a direct result from treatment. No such mark ever forms post-electrolysis; at least not in my experience.

I had electrolysis done to most of my face, neck and underarms.

Sadly, I am now experiencing redness and some tightness on my face when I smile.

I do NOT look ugly, but I need to find a way to get Rid Of The Redness and go back to my Original White Skin Color.

I am willing to do just about anything to fix this problem.

Does anybody know if any kind of Laser Machines can Help Correct this problem?

Currently, I am seeing a Dermatologist and they gave me some kind of pill to take for five days and some special liquid to put on my face for 10 minutes at a time to let the liquid sit there and doing this three times per day which is a hell of a job.

In any case, I am willing to seek out any good advice and tips from anybody who knows about what I am going through and Yes, I can send you pictures if you want to see what my face looks like.

My email address is: private_executive@yahoo.com.

My facebook is under: HOWARD PAUL SHORE

Thank you.

Sincerely yours,

Howard Paul Shore
Angry and Upset Electrolysis Customer

/HPS

My concern is the healing process. I can’t take off a week at a time to let my skin heal. Is there a way to cover up the red spots while my skin is clearing up?