TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS

sorry for the double post. I thought my post did not go through but I just realized that both are different threads with almost similar titles.

Do you remember the example of hypopigmentation?
It was the back of a man. This is another view of photos taken in October and November 2011.

Well, this is the appearance of the area several months later, in March 2012.

As you can see the hypopigmentation is gone along with most of the hairs. The photos that I usually put ā€œbefore and afterā€, serve to show the results of Electrolysis, however, as our friend Stoppit says well (thanks for reminding me) there is a Āædifficult? process in the medium. Temporary, but true.

Before:

After 5 months from first clearance:

Do you remember this example of scabs?

It was the lower back of another man.

Between the two pictures has been a year.
Speak and show of the temporary side effects with Electrolysis does not make sense if you do not show they are just that, TEMPORARY!

Great reassurance pictures for some of our apprehensive clients, J.

Thank you for the updates!

Josefa, those pics are so wonderful.

There are some people who get crazy with worry when they see a red spot.

Your photos will put them at ease.

Here in the USA, it is not so easy to get people to sign releases allowing us to post their photos.

Most appreciative.

I have found this to be true, as well. Some donā€™t even want a before picture. They wave me off with just the mere suggestion.

Thank you ladies!

Curiously, Arlene and Dee, social networks are full of pictures where you can know the location and the private details of many of these people who refuse to be photographed by a professional that will keep your identity data in the utmost secrecy (unless otherwise authorized by the client as the case of Trevor).

A photo of a particular area of the body or face does not reveal the identity of the person. Unless there is a birthmark or a tattoo that allows it to be recognized, in which case, this can be blocked or pixilated. Confidentiality is guaranteed.
Take a picture of before is more important than one can imagine, how many times the professional is being blamed for scars that existed before starting treatment? until now, none of my clients has refused to be photographed, if so, I would consider accepting the case. I consider that so important document in the clinical history the location of the scars and the density of hairs ā€œbeforeā€ such as endocrine disorders diagnosed by hormone tests.
If they allow it, I share the photos, if not, I abstain.

This is one of those cases that surprise you pleasantly.

Women of Indian origin + electrolysis in areas close to mucosal skin + deeply rooted in anagen = much higher chance of developing temporary hyperpigmentation. Well, nop :smiley: . Almost nothing.

In black circle: test patch area.

However there were large sebaceous papules. I pulled one of them, and just looks like a ā€œbeautiful pearlā€, as Michael Bono has defined. Itā€™s amazing ability of this man to give everything its name and find the perfect simile.

Hi Jossie,

What do you mean by mucosal skin? And how long does it take for the hyperpigmentation to show up?

I am of Indian origin and had 15 hours of perfect electrolysis treatment that finished less than 24 hours ago. My electrolygist did say I might get temporary hyperpigmentation, but I havenā€™t seen anything like that. I got electrolysis on my arms, underarms and face done for the first time.

I hardly have any scabbing on my face, and some red dots on my arms and hands. My hands were extremely dry to begin with and I think I may have dried out the area by using too much tea tree oil and now were burning a little when I put them under warm water. My electrolygist gave me Aquaphor to reduce the dryness, and it has considerably reduced the burning sensation. Other than that no side-effects other than hair-free skin, thanks to my wonderful electrolygist.

What do you mean by mucosal skin? And how long does it take for the hyperpigmentation to show up?

Approximately one month later. Mucosal skin is a skin that has no keratin layer as, nostrils, genitalia lips, anus, scrotum, etcā€¦ In this case it is the pubic region.

Maybe youā€™re lucky and you are one of the few who do not have this side effect. In any case, rest assured that always, ALWAYS disappears.

Hi Jossie,

Thanks for your reply. Why would it take one month to show up and not immediately after the treatment in 2-3 days.

Also how often do you see hyperpigmentation on the upperlip and hands of women of indian origin?And how long does it take to show up?

Thanks.

nesense - sorry to butt in (as usual).

Let me tell you about me and my sister as we are both of Indian origin. If this means anything in MAC our skin colours are NC30 and NC40/42.

I had Blend with an electrologist in London and fairly short treatments, for example, upper lip was never more than 20-25mins and spread out over the area. So no scabbing, no PIH.

My sister had a marathon upper lip session with Josefa of 2 hours (so thermolysis). Josefa was very careful and also utlised the Laurier probe. Very minimal scabbing and I donā€™t recall any PIH.

We both had our hands and fingers treated by Josefa. Body work is much more prone to scabbing, so we had quite a lot of scabs and when they dropped off, PIH marks in some placesā€¦we only would get PIH where there had been scabs. Moreso on the fingers than the hands. My sister also had her arms treated a very little bit. You can see the photo and the PIH in the thread linked in my sig.

By far my worst areas for scabbing and then PIH were actually the neck and the middle of the chestā€¦ did quite a bit of with with Josefa (neck pics in the sig).

Having been through it, I donā€™t find it a big deal. One of my friendā€™s started with my local electro in Dec (well, 2 did) for her jaw and under chin. Anyway, she was really worried about how she will manage with skin issues. It turned out blend made her feel sick so the electrologist is primarily using thermolysis (on a SX-B, not a ā€˜modernā€™ epilator with itā€™s new modes). So she gets some scabbing and then PIH. Surprisingly, she is okay with it because over the last few months, less and less hair is appearing on a weekly basis, she is not feeling like reaching for the tweezers. Having seen mine at its worst point (which was also a lot worse than anything she is dealing with, because I had so many hours of work) and having seen it heal, itā€™s not something she worries about.

Stopit&tidyup, your above post indicates that even with the finest tools and equipment in the hands of the best electrologists administering thermolysis, you might still have some scabbing and PIH.

One thing that you did mention was that your sister did not have any scabbing or PIH after her blend treatments. It was not because insertions were spread out on the upper lip that there was no scabbing or PIH. When blend is administered properly there is hardly any noticeable surface tissue reaction once the initial swelling has subsided. Blend is still ideal for those who might have their picture taken by the paparazzi, at any given moment unexpectantly.

Hi Arlene,

I was the one having blend treatments on my upper lip. My sister had thermolysis with the Apilus Platinum (2 hrs straight) and did not develop any noticing scabbing or then PIH either.
My point here was that for us, scabbing and PIH was more to do with body area.

I imagine if I had 2hrs of continuous blend, I would not have recovered so quickly (i.e. by the next day the swelling and redness had subsided). In fact, I doubt my electrologist would have agreed to treat it for more than 30 mins at one time anyway.

Hi Arlene,

Why do you recommend blend for minimal skin reaction ? Also, how often have you seen hyperpigmentation on the upperlip, face, hands, underarms of people of Indian origin?

As of right now, I have close to zero skin reaction, 2-3 days after 15 hours of electrolysis treatment. 2 hours on upperlip, 1 hour on face, 3 hours on underarms, rest on arms and hands.

Stoppitandtidyup - thanks for your response, how soon after your treatment did you notice the hyperpigmentation on your neck? Iā€™ve very tiny tiny pin point scabs on my face and upperlip, maybe around 10. My electrologist said I might get hyperpigmentation, but I donā€™t think so, and wanted a general idea from the experiences of other electrologists.

Thanks.

I would like to add that I had a little blend on my chest and toes too - scabbing and PIH as expected!

Really, I think body area is a big factor in this.

nesense: Please see the last page photos in my sisterā€™s diary in my sig. I had PIH where-ever I had a lot of scabbing and it was there when the scabs dropped off. It turned darker before it started fading. The kind of hairs being treated were also a big factor for me, in regards to my neck.

nesence,

You ask about my experience with Indian people?
Well, afterall, my office is located in Queens, NYC.
A lot!
For populations that experience PIH, I suggest icing the area for about 5 minutes immediately after treatment. Clients say it makes a difference. Try that and see what happens.

I want have some expert adviceā€¦I am getting electrolysis on face for some fine black hairs and white hairs on my face.mY ELECTROLOGIST is using thermolysis method.After the procedure,I see very tiny scabs barely noticebaleafter one day which usually falls in 4-5 days and the skin is back to normal.Is it a normal reaction or I have to worry about it. :frowning:

Madhu, that sounds like a completely normal reaction to me.