Tech Qu: lasering a waxed follicle

If you laser a “waxed” follicle, would it be damaged at all, or might you still get a “finer regrowth” from it (which is more difficult to target & destroy)?

I’m just wondering whether it might a good strategy to: First wax, then wait for the first batch of growth, then get lasered … then, wait for the next batch of growth, then get lasered again … etc.

That way, you don’t end up with those “finer regrowths”.

Thanks

As a condition of treatment that I go to they instruct you to avoid depiltory creams, plucking, waxing or electrolysis for at least 6 weeks of going in for laser.

I think it has to do something with the amount of meline in a shaved folicale vs one that is waxed. Also the timing and all. (I am no expert so if I am wrong please say so)

So by doing what you are doing I dont believe it is recommended

Hope that helps

Thanks for your input, Biker.

It makes sense. A waxed follicle probably provides a smaller target for the laser. But that’s a good thing though, from what I was thinking.

From my understanding:

• A follicle in it’s growth stage probably provides the largest target for destruction.
  • A follicle that is ‘not’ in it’s growth stage probably provides a smaller target, so may end up only getting ‘damaged’ (but not ‘destroyed’), resulting in that “finer regrowth”, which is difficult to destroy.

So, I was trying to figure out a way to ‘minimize’ the damage to follicles that are ‘not’ in their growth stage - to avoid that “finer regrowth”. That way, when these follicles do enter their growth stage, they’re as thick as they always were (or reasonable close), & ready to be zapped next time.

Hope my understanding is correct. Not sure. …
I’ll try & get my butt down for a consult soon.

Thanks

[ March 11, 2004, 10:05 PM: Message edited by: CheaPet ]