Synerson ELOS or Altus Cool Guide Long Pulse

Hello I’ve been reading a little bit in your forum and I do know that I could probably find the answer with more time.

I am going to start getting laser hair removal on my chin. I was wondering which machine in your opinions is the best.

The long pulse Nd: YAG laser (Altus Cool Glide) or the
syneron ELOS (Electro-optical synergy) technology

These places I am checking out seem to be the most reputably in this city.

Am I reading correctly in the forums that the Syneron ELOS system will actually make my hair worse??

Thank you in advance for any help with this matter.
S

Opps forgot to add I am female with light complextion, apparently a good candidate.

If you have light skin and dark coarse hair, neither of these types of Laser and IPL would be good for you. GentleLase, or an alexandrite laser may be helpful. Look for good electrologist as well because you will need one after you do laser for your chin hair. I am very cool to a women lasering their faces when a skilled, modern electrologist can bring you permanent results quite handily. The only way I would encourage laser in your case is if you have no electrologist choices available in your area.

Would you care to divulge where you are located and put it in your profile? We may be able to offer you more help.

If you are bent on lasing your chin, then get the right type and a skilled practitioner, at the very least.

Dee

When you say light complexion; what skin type are you? I, II or III? (If your unsure have a look at the Laser FAQ’s posted by lagirl to help determine what skin type you are) Is the hair dark and coarse in this area?

Laser induced hairgrowth occurs primarily on light or blonde hairs, especially on the female face. Both Laser (for example the nd:YAG you were talking about) and an IPL (the Syneron) can cause this if the hair being treated is not the ideal for laser hair removal.

If you hair is dark and coarse and you are between skin type I - III the best laser would be an Alexanderlite, if your a skin type IV and above the nd:YAG would be most applicable. True lasers yield better results and have a lesser risk of side effects, have a look at lagirl’s post on Laser models and see if there are any in your area if you decide to go down the road of laser.

Regards,
Benji

Please read the FAQs below first, BEFORE signing up for anything or looking for a clinic. You need to figure out a lot of things and learn whether you’re even a good candidate. Many clinics will tell you that they have the best laser for you and that you’re a great candidate even if that’s not the case. You should do your own research first so you know what you’re looking for. The FAQs will get you started.

How much hair is on your chin? Is it coarse or fine? What color? What is your skin type (see FAQs)?

Hello and thank you to all of you who have replied, it’s pretty obvious I’d better look into this more.

I am actually from Edmonton Alberta Canada, I’m white skinned, brown hair with coarse dark chin hair which I pluck. Can’t really notice it, but it’s a menopause thing happening here I believe. Shouldn’t of started plucking.

What is Computerized Electrolysis, does that work. Now in asking that question, I’m going to read as much as in the electrolysis forum.

Thanks to all of you I do appreciate this informative site.

Suzanne

How many hairs do you have? It sounds like you don’t have that much, so electrolysis may be better. It removes the hair one.

Well, yesterday I went for treatment with the Syneron ELOS system I will let you know how it goes. It made my skin feel really smooth afterwards already. She went over my chin a few times with this system. I am still looking into electrolysis. It is very hard to find an electrolist person here in edmonton. She counted the hairs and said I have 12 hairs that she can see.

I would love to hear from anyone that has used the Aurora Syneron ELOS system.

Thanks for all your reply’s,

Suzanne

You’re getting IPL treatments for 12 hairs??? PLEASE do not do this. We see women here often who do this and then come back to report that they have seen induced growth. Electrolysis is definitely MUCH more appropriate for this area and will take 5 mins at most to clear all this each session (you have more than 12 hairs overall, some of them are just dormant at any one time). You’re probably also overpaying for these treatments, and this is not a very good machine. How much is each treatment? Electrolysis won’t cost you more than $15 for such a small job, each treatment.

Did you try these electrologists?

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&q=electrologist&near=Edmonton,+AB,+Canada&fb=1&view=text&sa=X&oi=local_group&resnum=4&ct=more-results&cd=1

http://www.ibegin.com/canada/alberta/edmonton/electrolysis/

There’s even an Electrologist Society of Alberta…
http://www.onlineesa.com/members.htm

Okay, I’m going for the electrolysis. You have me convinced and no I do not want to waste money.

Thank you , thank you thank you

S

Susanne,

I just came across this post today.
I’m an electrologist in South Edmonton , Beaumont,
and would like to extend my invitation to come for a complimentary consultation and trial at Emoveo Electrolysis, I’ll answer all your questions regarding permanent hair removal :grinning:.

Cheers,
Olga