Syneron

Seeing as it is easier for people to find information if it is under one heading. I will put some information i typed in a while ago, on another thread, on this thread. It is part of the answer to one of redheads questions,

History=

I just went in for my first Aurora treatment last sunday.
The lady whome is doing it, is not very experienced yet, however she partially makes up for that by putting a lot of time into me. She is very careful about reaching each area of skin.
She took one and a half hours, just for my bikiniline and underarms. She also mentioned that i did not have more hair than average, so that is not why it took so long.

I thought it felt like a short heat wave, and the only point i felt a slight twinge was near my “anus”.
It did not hurt at all, so sometimes you wonder if it is working properly. Well i will know more about the effectiveness in a couple of weeks, and then i shall post again.

She uses strength 21 for the light frequencie, and 15 (standard) for the radiofrequencie.
She said i had a skin type 2 (light skin, with dark hair). This was used for my left underarm, for a testrun. Then i came back 2 hours later, and seeing as she saw no irritation she put the level of lightfrequencie up one notch.

I saw on another posting that Andrea is studying into it a bit more. I will be curious as to her conclusions.

by the way, I am living in Holland, and the therapist who is treating me has a Syneron Aurora machine imported by Tringo institutes.

Because she is not experienced she is charging me 100 euro’s for my treatment (both underarms and bikiniline). And says i will need about 6 treatments, i pay after each treatment. I hope it works for me and will keep you updated.

Ciao.
Kate

Anything new on this? I recently had a consultation with Laser Cosmetica in NY. They use the Aurora system and I am anxious to hear feedback from others.

Settings on the Aurora

Last saturday i went for my 2nd aurora treatment.
I would like to compare my settings to those of others whome are being treated on this forum.

This time round my settings were:

24 joules
18 joules RF

she also mentioned a percentage of light actually getting absorbed. It is featured on the righthand bottom of the screen and changes a little with every pulse. Mine were variable from 11% - 13%

My skin type: dark hair, light skin. Being treated for armpits and bikiniline.

Has anyone got any comments whether this is good or bad??
If others posted their own underneath this message it would be appreciated.

greetings,

Kate

Well I had my full beard treated today with the Aurora. For the face the LF was set at 25 joules, and 24 for the neck. He told me that the next treatment ( in about six weeks) he would turn it up a little. I can’t believe I forgot to check the RF settings, but he did mention that the RF absorbtion was 18%. I’m not sure what that meant, but he seemed pleased with that. He also kept assuring me that I was going to be very happy with a bonus benefit of this machine which over the course of my treatments will rejuvinate the skin on my face, evening out blotchyness and sun damage, smoothing out tiny pits and scars, and remove the reddish capillaries on my cheeks!
The pain was greater on my face than my patch test area on my stomach, but was tolerable. It was dramatically less painful than any other lasers I’ve tried, and there is very little redness.I just went out to dinner in public two hours later.It was also much quicker as there is more coverage with each pulse. I’m sure there will be no scabbing or scarring, and I’m just going to wait and see if it was effective. I will know in about two weeks, but my patch test from a month ago still looks great.RJC2001, please let me know if you have any comments about the settings :smile: .

Well I had my full beard treated today with the Aurora. For the face the LF was set at 25 joules, and 24 for the neck. He told me that the next treatment ( in about six weeks) he would turn it up a little. I can’t believe I forgot to check the RF settings, but he did mention that the RF absorbtion was 18%. I’m not sure what that meant, but he seemed pleased with that. He also kept assuring me that I was going to be very happy with a bonus benefit of this machine which over the course of my treatments will rejuvinate the skin on my face, evening out blotchyness and sun damage, smoothing out tiny pits and scars, and remove the reddish capillaries on my cheeks!
The pain was greater on my face than my patch test area on my stomach, but was tolerable. It was dramatically less painful than any other lasers I’ve tried, and there is very little redness.I just went out to dinner in public two hours later.It was also much quicker as there is more coverage with each pulse. I’m sure there will be no scabbing or scarring, and I’m just going to wait and see if it was effective. I will know in about two weeks, but my patch test from a month ago still looks great.RJC2001, please let me know if you have any comments about the settings :smile: .

The maximum settings if not using long pulse mode, are 28J opitcal and 20J RF so your settings are higher than midway.

Most of my treatments have been at the maximum settings. Even with the Lightsheer I have been treated at relatively high settings (45J).

There is definitely less redness and scabbing with the Aurora than with the Lightsheer. The Lightsheer has a longer track record. So far I am very happy with the Aurora, regrowth has been a little bit less than with the Lightsheer. I didn’t have much hair left in the treated areas because I had them treated with the Lightsheer last year. But the dimishing return phenomenon was partially reversed with the Aurora. It does appear to work better on finer and lighter hairs.

RJC2001

rcj2001? redhead? Any updates on how the Aurora treatments worked??

Thanks,

porto

RJC2001
I take your advice very highly because i can see that you have had extensive experiences with different laser hair removal techniques. You seem to like the Lightsheer and the Aurora very much.
Im a beginner at this and im looking for my first treatment to be done very soon. Can you tell me which one you would recomend for me to use. Either the llightsheer, aurora, or apogee.
I have light skin and dark course hair. this is for my back, chest ,stomach, arms, shoulders, neck, and cheeks on my face. Also do you think it is better for me to call up different dermatoligists and check with them before i go to a clinic and have the procedure done on me?
thanks for all the help hope to hear back from you soon

Since you have light skin, either the Lightsheer or Aurora should work for you. It is probably easier to find a Lightsheer practitioner since it has been around longer. The Lightsheer can go up to 60J so there is the potential for more power if your skin can handle it. The Aurora goes up to 28J optical and 20J RF. The main difference with the Aurora is that it works better on dark skin and lighter, finer hairs so those advantages may not apply to you.

Practitioner skill is the most important factor. There is no substitue for experience if it is good experience. If you go with the Lightsheer, make sure the practitioner uses compression. It makes all the difference in effectiveness and post treatment redness and pain. Check out www.hairfacts.com for Andrea’s guidelines for choosing a practitioner.

RJC2001

RJC2001–

It’s been over a year since these posts.

Does the Aurora seem to have “permanent” effects?

Please let us know.

Thanks!

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>RJC2001–

It’s been over a year since these posts.

Does the Aurora seem to have “permanent” effects?

Please let us know.

Thanks! </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>ditto

Yes, the results of the Aurora have been permanent for me. One example, the last Auror treatment on my abs was more than a year ago. The hair reduction I obtained has remained stable in that time. Contrary to what the naysayers may claim, all the hair does NOT grow back. The little bit of regrowth I had happened within two months, and that is it. The rest of the hair is gone and it is NOT coming back!

RJC2001

Ditto!

Are you both saying that it worked well for you on blonde, fine hairs? I have two areas that could best be described as “peach fuzz”. I tried the epilight and it worked well on the bikini area but not on the peach fuzz areas.

My doctor does not believe that the Aurora is a good solution for blonde peach fuzz. I sent a person to him with that problem, thinking it might work, but she told me that he suggested she try something else, that it might help, but there was not a lot of success with this is his experience. Sorry to report that.

thanks for the update. i go for my 1st treatment tomorrow.