Switching from IPL to electrolysis - please advice

Hi,

I have been running my own clinic in Israel for the past 7 years and have a very loyal clientele.

From obvious reasons I decided to switch from my IPL machine to electrolysis. At the time, I thought of using electrolysis for grey hair and other things that IPL does not do.

Over here we have virtually zero demand for electrolysis and because of its bad reputation there are only a handful of practitioners and they mostly do facial hair. So as you might imagine we don’t have the best technology/education/someone to get information from. What we do have is a strong internet layout and I’ve been searching the web for information about the subject and realized after following this forum, Josefa’s videos, Susan’s blog and Micheal’s book, that I in fact CAN use electrolysis as my prime technology and without having to apologies for poor performance.

I already bought a microscope, but unfortunately the best electrolysis device I could get in Israel is Knollepil super classic.

My clients complain on serious pain issues. As for now I simply cannot do more than 15 minutes sessions since my clients are not used to this kind of pain. Now I’m thinking of replacing my unit since it has two buttons if you don’t count the on/off switch and I really need an advice regarding which machine to buy to solve this.

I’m thinking of the Apilus Senior G. I have a huge demand for electrolysis. I’m stuck with lots of hair that won’t go away and am really serious about ditching IPL completely in favour of electrolysis. Please help me get through this transition properly. My clients and I have suffered enough and have spent more than enough money and precious time.

Thanks,
Avivit

PM me Avivit and give me a postal address. We will send you samples to evaluate.

Hi Avivit,

I think you are making an excellent decision. How long have you been practising electrolysis?

In regards to machines, Apilus machines are excellent and offer a lot of different modes. However, the Instatron Spectrum Elite is also an excellent epilator and as a client of Josefa’s, I found it less painful. Together the the Laurier IBP, you would have a really great set-up to get started.

I have to say that with electrolysis, while the right equipment helps, most of it is down to you and your experience. Through experience you will understand how to perform effective treatment whilst making it as comfortable as possible for your clients.

Avivit, welcome to Hairtell!

Please join the closed Electrologist blog sites, Electrology International and HairShoot, which is British and AEE which is the Spanish site. All offer a wealth of help and information. I can add you to the group if you send me your email address. You need to have a Facebook account though. June Adams can put you through on HairShoot. Not sure who administers for the AEE?

I sold one of my epilators to an Electrologist in Israel who is located between Jerrusalem and Tel Aviv. She actually has several epilators, one being an Apilus Platinum. Perhaps she would allow you to visit her? We need to connect with each other if we are going to be successful. Performing electrolysis correctly can be a difficult task because hair and skin comes in all shapes and there are so many variables involved with getting a hair to budge from its follicle, without disturbing the skin unduly.

You can private message me if you are interested in contacting the electrologist in your home country or if you want to join Electrology International.

Good luck with moving in a better direction.

I wish to thank everyone for their reply.
To tell the truth I didn’t expect such useful tips. I intend to follow every one of them.

I felt I was alone in this for quite some time but now I know I’m apart of something great. I saw someone here compare lhr to a game of whack-a-mole (the mole being the hair). Let me say that those among us that use laser or ipl technology and are honest with their clients - ARE the mole. We are in a constant apologetic state, and even though we do not promise results we are cornered by out the most basic drive: keeping the client satisfied.
We throw ridicules sums of money on free maintenance treatments (i know i do) and are so preoccupied with advocating ourselves that it is impossible to get up the courage to look the truth in the eye. But once done, there is only one thing left, and that’s keep on forward and never look back!

So yes, I’m glad I am not alone. Now all that I have to do is practice practice practice!! Oh, yeah, and decide between the apilus senior and the instantron (but that’s the least of my problems :slight_smile: )

@Deedra ; @James_W_Walker_VII , @Iluv2zap hi all pls see the machine used by my electrologist , is this setting ok and also see my hair type , pls suggest

I will not comment about the energy level. What I can tell you is the hair should slide out and not feel like it is being tweezed.