Susan Karten: hair removal injuries

Susan M Karten is an attorney in New York. Updated address below.

Ms. Karten handled the $100 million suit against Greenhouse Spas being brought by Kim McMillon after she was severely burned using a laser hair removal procedure.

I have spoken with Ms. Karten, who will be happy to help consumers injured by a hair removal procedure to find a lawyer in their area.

(note: this is not an endorsement. I make no claim regarding the quality of their services)

Hello Andrea,

Have you kept in contact with Ms. Karten? I was hoping she can find me a lawyer within the bay area, ca.

I was going through laser treatments and on my 5th session for the upper lip she burnt me on both corners of my mouth. Well one side was burned and the other side had a blister. They kept giving me ointment and said it would get better but after a month it hadn’t made any progess. They finally told me to stop putting anything on it and then prescribed me some medicine. It finally scabbed but there is an ugly scar underneath. I went in for a microdermabrasion after that, that they had comped but it didn’t help. I went in again where they performed microdermabrasion again (comped) but this time I have two new scabs/scars coming in. And where are they new scars. Right below my two other scars and they are 3 times the size. The doctor who I haven’t ever seen before has yet to return my call! I need help. They act like this is okie. I have pictures of the new damage but with the flash on my camera they don’t look as devasting as it looks in real life =/ Please help!!!

Sometimes it takes longer than a month for these things to resolve.

So have you been waiting to hear from the good doctor for a whole month? How many attempts have you made? Try again and if you can’t get any attention, and you have tried very hard to be heard, then maybe your local television station would be interested in helping a desperate consumer contact this place of business.

Take another picture without flash and present it here, if you would. What appears to be a visable scar to you may appear to be a speck of inconsequence to your friend or co-worker.

If you had had electrolysis with someone with skill and modern tools, you wouldn’t be in the situation pleading for help.

Dee

Ms. Karten has just started her own practice:

Susan M. Karten & Associates, LLP
355 Lexington Avenue
Suite 1400
New York, New York 10017
(212) 826-3800
Caskart@aol.com