"Superflous or exessive hair" hair inhibitor by Herbalroots

I dont belive this 1 could possibly work…
It sounds like another big scam to me:

http://www.rootsherbal.com/PageSuper.html

Thanks for the detailed headline, quaterman!

Herbalists often use ingredients easily found in their own culture, where they accrue all sorts of folk remedy uses over the years. The use of turmeric and yogurt in this hair inhibitor made me guess this company had an Indian owner even before I verified it.

The maker is a practitioner of Ayurvedic medicine, a type of folk healing cobbled together from ancent texts in the 1980s and popularized in the US by Deepak Chopra.

Papain (a meat tenderizer) can be found in papaya, which appears to be what they claim is the active ingredient in this dry packet of stuff you mix yourself with aloe and yogurt.

As you might expect, there is no published proof that this product can “reduce the ability of hair to grow back on unwanted areas.”

In addition, the shoddy-looking packaging reflects the dubious quality of this product and its claims.

Company info:

Roots Herbal Industries and Exports
20542 Willoughby Square, Sterling, Virginia, 20165
Phone: 703-430-2991
Fax: 703-430-1990
Roots herbal website

Owner Sreekanth Calpaka
1235 Dahlia Lane Frederick, MD 21703
scalpaka@IX.NETCOM.COM

Miscellaneous:
R Fuller, (703) 430-2991, Herndon, VA 20170
old numbers: (301) 682-6219 Fax: (310) 682-5413

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Andrea:

As you might expect, there is no published proof that this product can “reduce the ability of hair to grow back on unwanted areas.”

Was just wandering, is their any product on the market with published proof?

Carrie, the prescription drug Vaniqa has published data indicating it works for some women.

You can read more under the Prescription Topicals forum or by doing a search for Vaniqa using the SEARCH button at the top of the page.