Sugaring or Waxing???

Hi guys, I’m debating wether to go with sugaring or waxing to remove the fur coat on my body. I have never waxed or sugared(is that a word?), But I plan to remove a lot of hair with either method, which is practically the same.

So, I wanted to know from people with experience with either or both methods which they preferred, why and what are the differences between both methods. Which one would you recommend. I will probably get it done a salon, but some use wax and others sugar and I just want to be sure to make the right decision for myself.

For example, is one better for fine hair and the other for coarse?

Thanks a bunch!

Both should be as effective as each other. I prefer sugaring because it seems to be gentler on skin. They both still hurt like anything, but the main difference with sugaring and waxing is the technique.

Sugaring, the paste is applied AGAINST the direction of hair growth, and then “flicked” off with the direction of hair growth. I find it hurts, but in a different way. The main thing about this technique, then, is that the promotes the hair that grows back to grow back in the same direction that it has always done. This is important, especially for places like the arms which end up “Spiky” when you wax because you’re pulling the hair in the opposite direction.

Waxing might end up being cheaper at a salon, and less places offer sugaring. Even less places will offer tradtional sugaring - some might say sugaring, but use the same technique as waxing.

Maybe do half your body with waxing and the other half with sugaring and see for yourself which you’d like better?? :smiley: