Success Story!

I don’t see a lot of people come on here to tell us about their success stories, so I thought I would share mine for those of you who are considering electrolysis or who are in the middle of it and have yet to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

First, a little about me. I am a 29 year old female. I have always been a little on the hairier side…my family makes fun of me beacsue when I was born I had an abnormally hairy lower back. That hair actually went away for a long time, but in the past 2-3 years, it has come back, along with a full blown goatee, breast hair, an expanding happy trail, thicker inner thigh hair, and even a little bit of hair on my bum. I got my hormones checked, but they are normal. I guess its genetic.

Anyways, I decided to do something about it back in March of this year. I looked around for a long time trying to find a highly-rated electrologist and I thought I found one. When I went for my consultation, the first thing she said was “Geez you’re hairy, this is going to take awhile”. I immediately knew I wouldn’t be retunring to her again. After that, I almost gave up. But then I found an amazing lady about 40 minutes from me. I have been going to her since March, at first every 2 weeks but now about once a month. When I started, my hair on my chin was very very thick and dark, made worse by tweezing. I honestly thought I would never be able to keep it up. However, fast forward to today and my chin situation is about 80% better, in only 7 months. I went from having to shave my chin twice a day to now only about once a week. It has gotten to the point that when I go in for my 75 minute sessions, we have time to start working on other areas as well (which there are a lot of!) I am so happy that I stuck with this decision, and I know that in a few more months I may not have to shave at all! I can’t wait to start seeing these kinds of results on the rest of my body.

A fabulous success story, so pleased for you.

As for the first electrologist shame on her, the last thing any of us need when we finally pluck up the courage to go see a ‘professional’ is a reaction like hers. Well done for not giving up.

What an awesome story ! Thank you for sharing!

You stillhave a ways to go yet, but it sounds like your electologist is doing a wonderful job. Usually when you have made the progress you have clients are able to reduce session time, but working on other areas that are bothersome is a perfectly awesome way to deal with that. You sound like you are methodical and fastidious about scheduling your appointments and that pays for itself very quickly in terms of progress.Full process is 12-18 months and you should be proud! Well done!

Thank you for sharing your success story. I am disappointed about this first electrologists comments. That is horrible. No compassion…many electrologists started off as clients. We empathise with our clients and their predicament of unwanted hair. I applaud you for searching for another electrologist. You do not have to suffer from hirsutism. A certified and compassionate electrologist can help you achieve your goals.

It’s good to share our stories, we give each other courage!

I started my electrolysis journey last December and I know I still have a long way to go, but the results are already obvious.

I don’t have a picture of when I began (believe me, the situation was tragic), but I have a pic at the three-month of consistent clearances, every 10 days approximately.

The pic is taken right before a treatment, which means it had been around 10 days before the previous clearance - I always have a clearance, I never leave with unwanted hair remaining. Clearance used to take 30-35 minutes at first, and now I’m down to 10 or 15 minutes.

First pic is from 27/03/2017 and the next two are from today, 12 days after my last visit.

https://imgur.com/BO8Dkew
https://imgur.com/6CJDoOs
https://imgur.com/4Qsy3kS

You can see it’s a lot better, right? Not just the hairs, but my skin as well. It’s calmed down a lot. It used to be so red and bumpy after many years of tweezing. The only thing I do now is take a little scissor and clip the long hairs inbetween treatments.

I’m hopeful that I’ll be done until summer of 2018, or at least down to a few hairs that will need 5-minute treatments every once in a while. In the meantime I started doing my upper lip as well and I already see a big reduction. It takes longer for annoying hair to pile up.