Sterex sx-b question

Hi everyone. I have been having electrolysis done on me for over 10 years (different areas) and love the outcome. I have always considered doing this as a career as I’m very passionate about hair removal and come to the stage if my life where I can attempt this.

The issue is where I live (QLD, Australia) I’m struggling to find a decent electrolysis course. So right now I have invested in the sterex sxb machine to practice my insertions with thermolysis.

I have a question with the machine. I put the current and the timer on .5 but I’m finding that when I push down on the foot pedal I feel the heat before the beep? Is that correct? What’s the point of the timer if I keep my foot on the pedal and the heat remains? Hope my question makes sense.

My plan is to start on my legs to practice the insertions and then practice on family. I’m soaking in all the educational content I can from the free resources until I can find a repeatable place that can offer the training

0.5 (half a second in this case) is the length of the time the current flows to treat a follicle.
As the current starts working in the follicle immediately, it’s totally normal that you feel the heat sensation straight away. The signal is just an indication that the set length of time is up and current stops flowing after that until you lift your foot and press it again. Then the process repeats.
You may think current keeps on flowing beyond the signal but it’s just your nerves giving a feedback, it feels hot and therefore it appears the machine is still going.
This is the whole point of setting the ‘shot’ length with the automatic timer - you set the required time, press the pedal and the machine ‘dispenses’ current for the desired length of time. Otherwise, if it was a fully ‘manual’ mode, you would have to control the current flow time purely by your foot.
I hope it explains.

Thank you for your reply. So am I best to keep the timer on .5 or change it to 1 second

Thanks