Sterex got damaged ?!

Hello guys. I have recently moved from Italy to Miami, I think my Sterex machine got damaged during the flight. I have packed it very well but still… I am gutted ! I can turn on the big button but not the 3 frontal ones (thermolysis/ timer and galvanic) also , the noise it does is very weak compared to usual. This Sterex comes with a UK plug I am wondering if using the US adapter on it could be the problem ? If is damaged, what can I do ? Can it be repaired here in the US? I’m devasted. I’ve got hormonal imbalances and I need this machine for my hair problem.

Hi there, it maybe that the electrical supply in Italy is 230V & 50Hz. which can make a huge difference, once you plug it in an electric socket, the voltage in Miami is 120V and 60Hz. unfortunately, I don’t like to be the bearer of bad news but you may have blown your machine.

Oh my god I am shocked … how could the machine break if the electrical supply in Miami is lower ? The supply in England (where I got the machine from) is still the same as Italy 230V. Could be that the machine doesn’t work properly as the supply is too low ? What can I do ? I’m desperate

I think that All of electrical grid in Europe, England, Italy, Greece etc is the same 230V. I wish I knew if someone is able to repair it for you. You could try calling the company you purchased your machine from and see if they are able to do something about it. Otherwise I don’t know what else to tell you. It’s interesting, I am planning to move to Europe in the next 18 months, and the first thing I did was call the company I bought my electrolysis machines from and asked them if they were able to make my machines compatible with the European grid 230V. They explained, with some machines they can change the volts and hertz and with others they can’t depending on the age the machine was made in. I will have to purchase a new machine from my supplier, and they will be able to make my new machine with 230V. I live in Canada and the voltage is 120V similar to Miami. I hope you will find some resolution soon. All the best to you.

Hi Nicole, I a, sorry to hear this. I guess you didn’t use an adapter? I think the best thing to do is to call Sterex here in the UK. Their contact number is 0044 121 807 2404. I hope they can assist you and at least put you in contact with a Sterex distributor in the USA. Lynne