Step-By-Step Surgery Video of Robotic Peritoneal Flap Vaginoplasty at NYU Langone - May help electrologists here

Hope this might be the right category for this… was hard to figure out.

I was on reddit today in the /r/Transgender_Surgeries subreddit and someone from NYU Langone had posted about this and mentioned that the information and videos will eventually be behind a paywall next month.

Reddit link

It is from the Journal of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons
Titled: Penile Inversion Vaginoplasty with Robotically Assisted Peritoneal Flaps

The videos are very graphic and up close so if you are squeemish it may not be for you.

As someone who literally just signed on the dotted line to start electrology school I have been trying to research as much information as I can about the various skin conditions, health conditions I will likely encounter etc…

Because I will very likely be working with people who are wanting to or have transitioned I knew I should learn about how the surgeries are done, lingo, terminology and anything else that will help me learn so I can understand and do my very best to be a positive part of such a pivotal time in someone’s life.

When someone has surgery, I want to understand their pain and the struggle it took to get there. I appreciate these videos and it helps me learn about why the areas that need to be clear need to be clear.

So if you are a person who has not been able to view such videos before these are really no holds barred and informative.

There are many different ways and techniques out these but I figured I would at the very least share these with others here who may like to learn something new.

Direct link to the page with the videos

1 Like