starting electrolysis business - your experience

Hi

I would love to hear from people who have started their electrolysis business in the UK

I am far away from this happening but wanted to know the following

• what hours do you run your business?
  • do you get more appointments at a certain time of day?
  • would you do anything different now that you have set up

I have a young family and am worried that I won’t have a good work/home life balance

• is it really time consuming in the beginning

Any other words of wisdom you wish to share :slight_smile:

Thanks for your time

I’m not in the UK but I’m British and am sure my recipe would work just as well over there for you.
I have a 3 year old and 3 month old and changed careers BECAUSE of the family friendly hours. I’m just about to start back after having a few months off with the baby. My hours work around the children.
I treat clients from 9.30am until 2pm (our daycare hours are 9-2.45pm), then from 6-9pm when my husband can look after both children. This catches the school mums (to/from school drop offs), local workers (lunch time) and city workers (en route home). I also see clients on weekend lunchtimes when the children are asleep. But the key to this working is running my business from home.
Working from home, I am able to start back now rather than waiting til the baby can go to daycare (he will go at 12 months) because I can schedule appointments around his sleep times and pay a casual nanny to be here when required. It’s perfect for me.
My clients love my hours as many salons don’t have the flexibility of after hours or Sunday appointments.
So my advice is start your business from home if you can where overheads are lower, especially as you won’t have appointments all day every day from the outset. Make sure you have a good website and register with your local free ads - most people use the internet to find me.
I hope you make it work for you too.

Hi Lambo

Thanks so much for your response, that sounds like a great set up

I will pm you if that’s ok, I have a few more questions

Thanks again x