Starting electrolysis business. I live in israel

Hello there I want to start a business and I’m Interested in learning electrolysis but not sure where to start and also not so sure if I should.
I live in Israel and for what I know there is not much restrictions/regulations for becoming an electrologsit in here. Only thing im needing is certification.
I was looking for places to learn and most teachers give a electrolysis certification after about 30 hours to 50… the max I saw was 50 with 100hours extra training…
It’s seems OK to me but I know in other countries they give certification after 600 or 800 hours… it seems like I would learn but I will still need to practice on my own before even getting clients. I don’t know if I should trust them. Feel they only want my money.
In Israel the cost of living is very high and also taxes can go up to an 50% depending the revenue.
The average cost for electrolysis in Israel goes in range from 25$ to 42$ for 15 minutes session
So 100$ to 168$ an hour
I have some extra money I was saving and I’m really trying to carefully invest in a career idea. (Business)
There’s a dectro study program and If I really go on this idea I plan on having the xcell… is dectro a safe place to study in? is it safe to buy a second hand apilus? Or its better to buy new?

I also searched places that do electrolysis here and there’s at least about 5 electrologists in my city… and that’s from a quick search maybe there’s more.
In tel aviv there’s more than 10… I don’t know if the The market is flooded …but its still not flooded as manicure salons…

Most electrologists I saw offer other treatments and not only electrolysis… they offer facials and or laser …
I’m not sure how much electrolysis is commonand high in demand in Israel… I think most people do more laser and trust laser more… and I think they would also trust a girl who is qualified and certified as a beautician. (Getting a certification for beautician is not like the electrolysis here, it does have restrictions and regulations, license etc)

Would you think that the market is flooded for me ? Its still a lot of money to invest to try and hopefully not fail… Do people request electrolysis in Israel? Is it high in demand I read here its high in demand in other countries but I think people here don’t trust it in here … maybe a little but not as much .
To my knowledge its not as Requested treatment such as laser or facial treatment and manicure… I want to be fully booked but not sure if its really possible for only 1 service that I’m not that sure is highly requested here…
Would I work every day? Would I have only 1 hour booked for a whole day? … I want to talk with someone from israel but kinda shy and I feel they will see me as a new “competition” …

I plan to do a home based services. Would it seem less professional?
I would like get some advices from girls who are on this career and help me decide what to do.
Thanks in advance

1 Like

Have you been an electrolysis client, if not how did you learn about electrolysis? What is your primary reason for wanting to go into electrolysis business?
There were maybe one or two people from Israel posting here about their electrolysis services but long time ago. Search around and you might find contacts. Your best bet is to contact your local electroigists and see if they’re willing to guide you or share about business prospects. Your best bet is to probably learning to offer several different services, from general skin care and or laser, to laser tattoo removal service as well. Tel Aviv is an expensive city but it also has a lot of high earning high tech industry so that means potential of clients who can afford electrolysis and skincare services will be much higher than in smaller cities.
As for Dectro it leads the global electrolysis equipment supply and training but depends where you’ll get your training because not all Dectro courses and instructors are equal. Some electroligists will tell you not to limit yourself to specific brand of equipment. Instantron for example makes more affordable but very good, modern machines as well.

1 Like

Just remember this as you try to decide, there is a hairy person born every second. We need well trained, passionate electrologists and there will always be a client base for you. If you do this better than the electrologist down the street, well, hurrah for competition! You will be fully booked if you are learn the concepts well and mentor with others. There are online closed facebook sites for electrologists only that are helpful for the neophyte electrologist.

Laser CANNOT affect all hair structures, all hair colors on every color of skin, so electrolysis is the net that many people fall into when laser can produce some returns or diminishing returns.

Some electrologists are not willing to share or mentor and some are very generous. You can get your online credentials from Dectro, a place that I highly respect, and then if you have any option for doing the chair side training locally, that would be ideal. The biggest hurdles comes from an over empowered government. Some regulation is necessary, but other regulations are pure nonsensical barriers that serve to cut out those that would be an asset to this profession.

People always say stupid stuff like electrolysis is old world technology and laser is new world technology. When their teenage daughter or granddaughter has a very fuzzy blond or lightly colored upper lip, then the light bulb comes on in their head! They realize that electrolysis is the only thing on earth that can permanently affect that kind of hair or for that matter, ANY COLOR OF HAIR, ANY STRUCTURE OF HAIR, ON ANY COLOR OF SKIN.

Go for it if you can and strive to be the best at what you do. Rochel Leah Dubovick is located in Bet Shemesh. I regard her as a very approachable, very kind person who can further advise you. I’m thinking that Bet Shemesh is near Bethlehem??? Not sure if she is home-based? Many of us are home-based and believe me, the consumer has no complaints if you are kind, highly capable, your office space is clean and tidy and your equipment is up to date. If there are dead flies on the window sill and it looks dirty, one won’t have a business for long. Keep it safe, private and clean and your clients will come and they will refer. Rent and high taxes kill small businesses, so do what is best for you and the client to keep the overhead low, or there will be no incentive to work.

1 Like

I am already in one of those facebook groups, actually I think i am in 2 … the other one is for only licensed so im not on that group .but i have no idea about how it is in israel most posts there are not from israel.but they still help somehow . thank you

Where i can contact dectro for online course? I dont think they are equal… i have a course of dectro in israel that is not online but idk if its also practice… I know regulations are for a reason but your right… but to my understanding learning something 600 hours would be more beneficial than 50 hours lol… but that depends on the person and since you know this profession better than me i guess your right :slight_smile:

I ALSO FORGOT ONE QUESTION… AND I THINK ITS A BIG ONE
well is electrolysis a A physically demanding profession?? Im talking about back pain …
What ergonomics are best to help? And how much they actually help??? Like if if I invest in a good magnification… ive heard good things in here about zeiss opmi/pico… Settle chairs? A arm rest stand adapter for chairs… like how much would it make it easier? Would i still have back pain even if i try to do the most to prevent them in this proffersion?
How many hours of actual working electrolysis does your body allow you to?

Can you give me an example for like How much rests between every client
(lets say 15min session?)/ between one large sesssion?

Or 15 min session client
10 minutes break
15 minutes next client

4 hours session breaks?

Hey there! It’s cool that you’re considering starting an electrolysis business. It sounds like you’ve done your research and you’re aware of the current market in Israel. Since you mentioned that most electrologists also offer other treatments like facials and laser, you might want to think about expanding your services to stay competitive in the market. I understand you’re worried about investing a lot of money, but that’s a normal concern when launching any type of business. Honestly, if you’re unsure about the demand for electrolysis in your area, I’d suggest talking to some people around you – friends, family, or even reaching out to an electrolysis business in Tel Aviv rather than your local area, so they won’t see you as competition. A home-based salon might seem less professional to some, but it could also offer a more comfortable and personal experience for clients. In the end, you might want to consider looking into business valuation services to better understand the potential here. Good luck!