spots

Hi I am thinking of getting my chest and back waxed, the problem is that I did a test on my upper arms using ready to use wax strips and I’ve broken out in loads of little yellow heads. Is this common how can I stop it from happening and if I got it done professionally would there be less chance of this happening.

I was also wondering about NADS, has anyone used it, i’ve heard that it’s not as harsh as wax and was hoping it might not have the same effect.

Going on a date and the girl in question wants me to stay at hers after it, so I’d really like to get the hair removed, but it’d be a disaster if Icame out in a rash all over my chest and back.

Thanks!

You have three variables in play between what you did yourself and a professional wax job

The wax used

The technique used

the skin area used

The short version of this is that a professional will use a good wax, with a good technique, and on your chest and back, you will be getting a lesser or different reaction than the backs of your arms…

Remember what is almost now a mantra “Hydrate & Exfoliate”

Good luck,

David

Heya… just got my chest waxed for the first time about 2 weeks ago. You NEED to do it at least 2-3 days before you go on that date… at least if you react anything like I did.

I went to a professional and she was a cool girl… it did hurt like hell, I’m not going to lie. My chest was bright red for the rest of the day. The next day, my entire chest was broken out in whitehead pimple… I wasnt really prepared for that. They stayed for about 3 days, then they went away but I still had a ton of spots where they were. About a week later I was looking more normal. Now at the 2 1/2 week mark, the hairs are coming back but there is no sign of pimples or spots. Also at this point the hairs are about 1/2 in long but still hardly noticeable because they are very tapered (unlike when you shave)

Hope this helps…

double post!

[ September 12, 2003, 07:15 PM: Message edited by: Ad-man ]

Triple!

[ September 12, 2003, 07:16 PM: Message edited by: Ad-man ]

geez I’ll figure it out sometime!

[ September 12, 2003, 07:16 PM: Message edited by: Ad-man ]