speed & Pain experiance and questions

ive gone 3 times now and she removes 340-380 hairs each hour for 64$ bucks an hour. is that a good speed? what speed to u guys have? how much do u guys charge or have been charged?

it hurts pretty bad toward the middle of my chest/neck area and she suggested something called topicane… anyone used it? anyone have any other suggestions for pain? should i change electrolosists?

Since your central nervous system is located in the center of your body, anything in the center of the body is more sensitive to treatment energy. Work on the spine is the second worst place to have it done.

You failed to say what modality you are having done, so we can’t judge the speed. You can’t be having straight Galvanic at that rate of clearance, so we need to know if it is blend, or thermolysis.

it hurts pretty bad toward the middle of my chest/neck area and she suggested something called topicane… anyone used it? anyone have any other suggestions for pain? should i change electrolosists?

I’ve had good luck with LMX 4, an over the counter topical numbing cream. There is also EMLA, which is prescription only.

The only caveat I’ll give with LMX 4 - I used it for over a year with absolutely no problems. The last time I used it (three weeks ago), it caused big blisters. They weren’t painful and healed just fine, but I don’t know what had changed from all the other times I used it.

Anyway, there’s no need to suffer pain in the sensitive areas.

EMLA is sold over the counter in Canada.

i actually find my chest/sternum to be painless. the most painful areas for me are the underarms and certain bony parts of my face. i think everybody is a little different. my electrologist is faster than the rate you describe but she uses Flash Thermolysis and it’s probably about as fast as it gets. i also use LMX 4 for pain relief. i tried Emla and found it to be uneffective (on me). LMX seems to work fine but the downside i see with it is the cost. my electrologist is $70/hour and she is the cheapest i have seen. I have paid $80, $85, and $100/hour. She is the cheapest but also the best, BY FAR. so i guess it’s just fortunate that she is so reasonably priced as well.

jessie your right every one seems to have a different area that is more painful than another. My sterum was the most painful;but I didn’t mind the underarms.

Okay i just got back from my 4th apt and i found out it is a Fisher SE-5a Blend Style Electrolosis machine. today she only got rid of 250 hairs, she said it was becuase she mainly did the center of my chest and the hairs are all of different angles which is what caused the slower removal rate. so is this a good machine/good price/good tempo? should i stay with this lady or should i look for something better?
any input would be greatly appreciated!

EMLA is sold over the counter in Canada.

Interesting. The only good thing about it being prescription in the States is that it’s cheaper than LMX 4 since my insurance picks up part of the cost for the prescription, where they don’t for over the counter.