SOPRANO !

HI,

I JUST WANTED TO RECOMMEND A REALLY GREAT PLACE FOR LASER HAIR REMOVAL WITH THE SOPRANO LASER IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED. I AM DARK SKINNED AND IN THE PAST I HAVE TRIED SEVERAL TREATMENTS WITH THE LIGHTSHEER DIODE BUT UNFORTUNATELY SAW VERY LITTLE RESULTS FOR THE PRICE I PAID, AND NOT TO MENTION THE PAIN I WENT THROUGH. WELL ABOUT LESS THAN A YEAR AGO I STUMBLED UPON THIS WEBSITE AND I STARTED READING ON THE DIFFERENT LASERS THAT ARE OUT IN THE MARKET. FOR SOME REASON I HAD A REALLY GOOD FEELING ABOUT THE SOPRANO. PEOPLE WERE SINGING ITS PRAISES AND I WAS LIKE, IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE. I HAVE GOT TO DO A TEST PATCH. HOW CAN IT BE BETTER THAN ALL THE OTHER LASERS OUT THERE AND BE PAINFREE?! WELL IT’S NOT COMPLETELY PAIN FREE, BUT WAY WAY LESS PAINFUL THAN THE LIGHTSHEER DIODE THAT WAS USED ON ME PREVIOUSLY.
ANYWAY, I AM FROM ONTARIO, CANADA AND IF ANYONE IS LOOKING FOR A LASER HAIR REMOVAL CLINIC AROUND TORONTO AREA I CAN RECOMMEND A REALLY GREAT PLACE WITH VERY REASONABLE PRICES. AND WHAT I LIKE THE MOST ABOUT THE LASER TECHNICIAN IS THAT SHE IS VERY THOROUGH WITH THE TREATMENT.SHE GOES OVER THE AREA SEVERAL TIMES TO MAKE SURE NO SPOTS ARE MISSED. I JUST HAVE TO SAY I AM EXTREMELY IMPRESSED WITH HER. AND I AM THE KIND OF PERSON WHO IS ALL ABOUT RESEARCH AND I WOULD CHECK OUT AT LEAST A DOZEN PLACES BEFORE I DECIDE WHICH ONE IS BEST FOR ME. AND I CANNOT TELL YOU HOW HAPPY I AM WITH MY RESULTS WITH ONLY A COUPLE OF TREATMENTS. IT’S JUST AMAZING! SO ANYWAY, I DON’T HAVE THE PERMISSION TO ADVERTISE HER NAME AND CLINIC ON THIS WEBSITE BECAUSE I HAVEN’T ASKED HER. BUT IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE PHONE NUMBER TO BOOK A CONSULTATION OR ASK ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE I WOULD BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO GIVE THAT TO YOU. JUST SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE! :slight_smile:

THANKS.

Can you tell us how many treatments you’ve had, on what areas, and how long it’s bene if you have completed treatments? Are you recommending them based on one experience with one treatment or a set of treatments?

What were the settings used on LightSheer? It’s a decent laser and if treatments were done properly, you should have gotten great results. It’s not all about the machine. The person using it needs to use it properly to get you results.

LAgirl, I know you’ve always been very skeptical about the Soprano laser, I’m not sure why. But why don’t you do me a favour and go get a test patch done on your underarm or something and see the result for yourself. Then you will know what I’m talking about! :slight_smile:

I don’t think the laser technician that did my treatment with the lightsheer diode gave me the settings. With the Soprano she uses the highest on me which is 10. And I have had three treatments done so far on legs, underarms and Bikini, and I see a major difference.

I’m not skeptical about it working. I’m skeptical about it being better than LighSheer like you state without a fair comparison. It’s a diode and should work as well as LightSheer.

In your post, you compare two machines without any specifics on treatments with both. It’s impossible to make a fair comparison without that. The fact is it’s likely not any worse than LightSheer and you just had bad LightSheer treatments. It’s not all about the machine. You can only fairly compare when you have GOOD treatments by both lasers.

You can always ask for settings. 10 doesn’t really mean anything. You should ask for joules, spot size, and pulse width being used.

Can you provide more details btw? How was shedding after each of the 3 treatments? How often are treatments spaced? What percentage is gone now?

LAgirl, 10 does mean something, it’s the joules setting. As i explained it to you a few times before, the Soprano fires 10 shots per second at 10 joules each. It only has a 12mm spot size and it’s impossible to change pulse width but according to the specs it goes down to 10ms.

How can it go down to 10ms, but not possible to change? Do you mean that it’s fixed at 10ms or it’s fixed at something higher than that?

This is the numbers it says in the specs: 10 - 1,350 ms.

There is nothing in this machine that tells you how much it’s using, and you can’t change that.

Hi!! I was just wondering what place you had your laser hair removal done? I’m looking into a good place and can’t see to find any.

Where are you located? There are several threads on clinics in Toronto on the forum. Run a search.

I’m game to give this laser a shot, I’m curious to see how it feels, shedding etc… Though I do find this hard to believe.

If this is the real deal, It’s a game changer.

I’ve done some searching around on the web, not seeing much said about it not working…

A TON of marketing for it, and showing pictures of one month or 3 months after 1st or 2nd treatments means nothing…

I would like to see a picture 1 year after 6 or 8 treatments.

Odi, are you really seeing success, are you seeing people that don’t respond well to this laser, please be honest, If I consider doing this laser it will be a 2 to 3 year commitment, I don’t want to be in a situation where in 3 years, my chest hair is all white and I’m stuck with it…

Why don’t you find a clinic using it and do one treatment on underarms or something small and see for yourself too?

Hi Lagirl, I’m working on that, found a place and waiting for the person that actually performs the procedure to call me back, I have lots of questions to feel them out, and If I smell any bs i’m not wasting the trip to the clinic

haireverywhere, odi’s clinic is the only one I know of with soprano XL, there might be one other but there’s not many. I haven’t gone there before only because it’s far from me and I love my alex clinic downtown. Their prices are really good though so not sure if you can beat that.

From what I’ve read though online, Soprano XL hurts just as much as any other laser. Like LAGirl said, do underarms or something first . The pictures you’re looking for are hard to find, I don’t even know if Soprano XL is a year old? If that’s your concern I’d go with a laser that’s been out longer but the type of laser is only a small part of how successful you’ll be. For example, I went to my clinic with my asian friend we both did our abdomens. For me I used an alexandrite at very high settings since I’m skin type 3. He’s a bit darker and asian is different pigment, so he did an ND:Yag on lower settings. I’ve had all the hair shed out already and his hasn’t even started. We didn’t choose to use those, the technician would only do yag on him and so on. So again even if you see a picture of results with one laser, it doesn’t mean that you’ll get the same results. The tech at clinic A may be really good and know how to use the highest possible settings without burning, where as anther clinic might be more reserved and use way lower settings. Or on the opposite side, that person may see someone with one skin tone, use one setting, then see someone else and use another.

Edokid, I sent you a response to your private message that you had sent me a while back. I haven’t been active on hairtell for a while, so I apologize for my late response…but I am not sure if you got it or not.

I have had three treatments done with the Soprano, on my legs, thighs, bikini and under arms. Going for my fourth treatment sometime in march. I will be honest, it hurts, but not as much it used to hurt when I was getting LHR done with the lightsheer diode. The only area that I complain most from is the bikini and lower legs. Everywhere else, it’s very tolerable. It just feels like a really warm wash cloth. I like it actually, it feels like a nice massage. But when it gets to the bikini, boy I have to hold my breath. haha

I started seeing shedding at about two weeks since after the treatment, and yes I had plenty of shedding. I was suggested not to shave until after the shedding is complete because sometimes the hairs can get stuck in the follice and not shed as it’s supposed to. I am not too knowledgable about laser machines, so if you got any technical questions please direct them to Odi. :slight_smile:
But so far, I am loving the results!

The Soprano XL been out for about 3 years now.

About success, it’s a diode laser and as far as i know the results are somewhat similar to any other true laser on the market. For us the plus sign is when we have a client that says he tried a different machine and it was too painful, after one session they leave with a smile on their face because they don’t have as much pain as before.

We’ve had happy people with skin type 1 until 5 and even though for 5 it will hurt way more they are getting good results (i was actually surprised)

In terms of marketing Alma Lasers are probably behind everyone else even though in my opinion the Soprano is a real winner. I just wish the Soprano would have been made by a better company cause it’s very hard to work with Alma.

I’m going Friday to Flash Laser Aesthetics to have a beard removal session. I’ll let you all know how it goes.

how did your laser treatment go?

look for my post “laser for PFB?”

Just came back from my consult on this Soprano XL deal. Why is it that no one admits to induced growth???

Anyways, besides that this thing is the best laser on the market, I can expect great results yada yada, I had a test area done on my lower abs…

It wasn’t on the heart of the forest but the edge, starting out I felt nothing, but once she started venturing in to the coarse hairs, I felt it, it hurt, instead of the explosions from say a GentleLase it felt like tons of little needle pricks.

One thing to note, about 1/2 to an hour after, it burns, so i’ve put aloe and iced…

With GentleLase, no pain after the treatment at all

Thing is I can’t bear the pain with Gentlelase

Just wish I didn’t have to deal with this at all…

Why does it have to be soooo freakin painful

I don’t know what I’m going to do…

I’m completely depressed about the entire f’in thing…

Just want to be normal, is that too much to ask