Some questions

Hi,

I am a male, age 30, who would like to have the hair on my hands thinned out (maybe 1/3 to 1/2 removed permanantly). I had a few questions.

1. Is it possible to just thin the hair through electrolysis? I don’t actually mean the actual hairs being thinner, but removing only a portion of the hair.

2. I have read about the different stages of hair growth. If my goal is to only have the hair thinned out, what kind of schedule should I be looking at?

3. Looking at the hair, it seems to grow in clusters of a few hairs (at least on my fingers). Would it make sense to try to have the electrologist remove a couple of hairs from each cluster?

4. I do not want to clip or shave the area before hand. Is it possible to have electrolyis if the area is not prepped by being clipped?

5. What kind of immediate after effects might I expect?

6. Does anyone recommend how to locate a good electrologist in the Virginia Beach, VA area?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Welcome, gobbly.

Electrolysis is the ticket for thinning the hair on your hands and fingers. In fact, it’s the perfect solution for what you describe. No, you do not have shave or clip the hair, just appear as you are and your electrologist can work away with you watching and guiding the process as to where you want the hair permanently removed. Keep a consistent schedule in the beginning, like every one or two weeks until all looks the way you want it, and show up if you need some refining for any new hairs that come to the surface. This whole process should not take longer than a year, but you will obtain the look you like for your hands and fingers way before a year’s time.

You can have single hairs removed from those clusters of hair you describe with no problem, but don’t be disappointed if the treatment energy spills over to a very close neighbor hair and knocks it out of commission as well.

You will be a little pink or red and slightly swollen after a treatment, that should not last for long. Maybe 30 minutes to 3 days at most for these after effects. You may have minute scabs, but those are usually gone in a week. If your after affects are more than these, then talk to your electrologist so he/she can lower the levels, if possible.

Check out the referrals here on hairtell or start calling your local electrologists to get some consults. Hopefully, someone will chime in if they personally know of an electrologist in the Virginia Beach area.

Post back and let us know about your experience. Okay?

Dee