Some Questions

I’m a 20yr old male and I was looking for a permanent solution to removing the hair in my anal and pubic region. I was thinking about getting laser done, but wasn’t too sure on some things.

1. Is laser permanent?
  2. Does laser actually prevent hair from growing back or does it just grow back lighter and thinner?
  3. How safe is laser for the anal/pubic area? It won’t cause any reproductive problems or anything will it?
  4. Any suggestions on some good places to go in the central Texas area?
  5. Where can I read up more on it online?
  6. What things should I look for when choosing a place to go?

Thanks again for all the help.

No one can answer these?

I guess no one wanted to go out on a limb here.

No one can really say what your results will be. There are just too many variables.

LASER is given the right to call itself “Long Term Hair Reduction” by the US FDA, because it could not prove itself being capable of delivering anything that could be termed Full Permanent Hair Removal with any certainty. In fact, the studies used to even get that clearance don’t even go far enough to show a conclusion, they only go far enough to show a change, and then POSTULATE that continued treatment would show a continued change. So the science side is that no reliable study has shown anything that could be called Permanent Hair Removal, and the FDA was not even satisfied that they had shown Permanent Hair Reduction. The studies could only justify, after lots of brokered discussion the new term “Long Term Hair Reduction”. Will the term of your reduction be something you feel worth the price? I guess you have to pay your money and take your chances.

There are no studies to say that LASER or Electrolysis for that matter, are safe when used on the genital area, however, Electrolysis has been used in that area for almost 150 years with no recored problems or side effects.

Reading this site and our sister site www.HairFacts.com are probably your best bets for getting reliable information.

Hi:

You may want to try E-2000 in Dallas. They do mostly TS clients and would have no qualms about doing areas such as these. They use strictly electrolysis however and are fairly expensive.

Sometimes TS clients need hair removed from down there prior to surgery so they don’t get ingrowns.

You may have a hard time finding an average electrolysis technician willing to work on the areas you mention.

Alicia

Yes, I would agree, for someone who wants it done, and done right the first time, Electrolysis by a good practitioner with speed is the best choice, but I was trying to answer his LASER question.

For that, the only answer is, no one can say with certainty what your individual experience will be. Even after having treated you, no one can say what all your treatments will be like.

Thank you both. Alicia, do you reccomend any other electrolysis places in Texas that aren’t too expensive? Thank you again.

It might help if you let us know where in Texas you are. That is one of the reasons the registration form has your location on it. It is not so we can come to your house and say, “I saw you on HairTell.” It is so we can give you information that is good for your area. There might be someone here who lives in your city who knows who the best person in town is. That person may not have a yellowpages ad, nor advertise either.

I’m in the San Antonio area.

Hi:

I am a long way away from Texas, great state that it is.
I have heard of E-2000 only through it’s wide reaching reputation within the trans community. But if you are on a budget, it is very expensive.

You may be best to try phoning a few places and comparing rates and if they will actually work on the area you want.

I have a question for James if he reads this.:
Have you ever worked in a sensitive area such as that, and do you know of any others who would do so?
What would the chances out of ten be of finding someone willing to work in that area?
Thanks for your time.

Alicia

As some people on this board know from experience, I do that type of work frequently.

The chance of finding anyone to do it is probably one in ten or less depending on where you live. You don’t go calling around town asking for that service right off either. Most electrologists who have any problems with doing that type of service are more willing to do it for a current client, but would not start a new client in that area.

I just think that a hair is a hair any place, anywhere.

The problem you really have for this type of work is pain management. You will need to find either a topical that works for you, or someone who can give you a nerve block injection just prior to treatment in the early going if you hope to get lots done in the begining. Later, the amount of hair and the thickness will be so reduced that you may be able to do it with only a topical, or nothing at all.

The problem you really have for this type of work is pain management. You will need to find either a topical that works for you, or someone who can give you a nerve block injection just prior to treatment in the early going if you hope to get lots done in the begining. Later, the amount of hair and the thickness will be so reduced that you may be able to do it with only a topical, or nothing at all.

When you say nerve block, you refer to a Lidocaine injection, or a series of them, in the area? You are not referring to a spinal block I hope?
If it is that painful, its too bad you can’t find an MD with someone on their staff who does electrolysis. I hadn’t thought of that for sensitive areas (Lidocaine) but it makes sense. It certainly would make it painless. I assume that only would be necessary in the public/anal area? I cannot even imagine finding someone would would do the anal area, but as you say, if you had a good relationship over time they might do it for you. Until then, you could just shave it, it isn’t that hard.

No spinal needed here. Just a local. Some people can make do with nothing, or a topical solution. Others require a local anesthetic. Some doctors will help out with this. Some electrologists have offices in health centers where a doctor in the same building will help out. In other cases, you need to find one who can give you something that will last an hour or two and make the trip to your electrologists from there.

Hi James:

Thanks for your informative answer regarding probability of finding a practitioner. I also think that approaching a practitioner with a request for treatment “down there” when they don’t know you already would probably scare them a little as to your motivation.

As far as anesthetic I know that E-2000 uses lidocaine for the face as I have read they have a dentist or dental assistant to do that.

I saw somewhere on a website someone sent me where they described their experiences and techniques for doing electrolysis on the sensitive genital area, and even the type of anesthetic used. The skin is definitely different there than other areas and pretty thin in places.

I have read that some doctors require the hair be removed from some of the genital areas prior to SRS, but others use a scraping technique instead of electrolysis. It is important to consult with the actual doctor involved as to what is required.

Alicia