Some kind of rash after Sugaring

I’ve been sugaring a few areas lately like feet and lower back, but when I did it on my upper back and neck area, after a day it became all red and not they are red bumps all over it.
i don’t know why and what this is. The other areas I waxed were perfectly fine. Then I tried doing my underarms and again red dots appeared and looked like its black and blue(?) like bruises.
Maybe the sugaring paste is not good anymore? I’ve been re-using it a few times already and it’s not as hard anymore in the box I save it in. or is it because of the clothes that covered the area?

Just a wild guess - do you think the sugaring paste that you are re-using has bacteria growing in it? Am wondering if you have inflammed follicles because you are spreading bacteria all over your skin. Also, are you cleaning your skin properly BEFORE you wax and using a mild antiseptic such as witch hazel to soothe it afterwards? I am not a sugaring expert, but trying to help with common sense suggestions about skin care.

Hey that’s a good point I think that is probably the issue. I mean as soon as the Sugaring paste changed I was getting these rashes. I think I should probably make new paste.
Sugaring takes hair as well as bacterie and such thus making your skin very smooth. I don’t think I should have put it back together with the rest of the paste. Next time i’m just gonna throw away what i use.
And yeah I must take better care of my skin. Thank you dfahey.

You are vey welcome. Let us know if changing something up helps.

Dee

Hi again.

Sugaring with all the proper instructions at hand before and after helps better. No rashes anywhere and pretty good results. But still only my upper back, I still get a rash there. I think it’s because it gets irritated over time by the clothes i’m wearing after sugaring. I don’t know what to do now that it’s winter, I can’t stay without clothes for too long. Or maybe there’s something else I can do?

Johnson

Is the irritation all over the entire area you are removing the hair in or just tiny red inflammated spots that cover the area? What method of sugaring are you using? Strip method? At home? Proffessional hand paste method?
If the spots are not everywhere it could just be the inflammation casued by the friction of removing a fat hair bulb fromt he opening of the mouth of the hair follicle. These spots should dissipate a few hours after sugaring but be sure to use a cool towel to soothe the area or apply after care tonic and lotion that is provided in your sugaring kit if you are using it at home. This will help to clean out and soothe the area and the lotion will act as a barrier to bacteria getting in and clogging those open follicles. Avoid hot bathes, sunbathing, exercise and perspiring for 12 -24 hrs after the treatment. If your clothing is tight fitting it can irritate, but try to put on a clean white t-shirt free of dyes afterward and you should alleviate the issues . If you want to have a professional perform this service,go to simplysugar.biz and they can help you to find a pro in your area to have a treatment done in your area.

Keep in mind that the process of making sugaring solution (heating the solution to 250F°+) does kill all of the bacteria. Also remember that sugar is a preservative when in a supersaturated mixture (due to preventing diffusion across cell membranes [osmosis). In fact, this would dehydrate the bacterial cells and kill them anyway. Remember that from high school biology?) If you think you have a bacteria problem, the sugaring solution is not the culprit. Clean your skin and tools first.