So what's life like after permanent hair removal?

Lately I’ve been getting good results and as you see hair vanishing the feeling is extremely satisfying to me but I’m always scared of false hope and that it might grow back.
To those of you who did achieve permanent results, what’s it like?

It is very difficult to express in words the feeling that I have for many years. I was one of those women who have thick black hair on my legs. Any doctor would have classified me as a serious case of hypertrichosis in women’s legs. As you can imagine, they never had the opportunity to give this diagnosis because I remove myself every hair with Electrolysis. I found a softness in my skin that I did not know until then and still today, I remain aware of the feeling I get from touching the skin of my legs.
It’s a strange feeling, because you are always aware of the nakedness of your skin, even though the clothes covering your body.

Has anyone else felt the same?

I used to have problems with ingrown hairs and folliculitis over most areas, until several years ago, when I had full-body laser hair removal. With very pale skin and dark black hair, the results were very good. The difference in my skin quality was unbelievable, and I’ve been so much happier with it. There have only been a few areas of light regrowth, and these are easily managed and don’t ever present the problems I formerly experienced.

I can’t wait until I can answer this question myself :slight_smile:

Liberating. It frees both your mind and your time.

No longer do I have to plan my weekends around my hair removal routine.

I still have work I need to do/finish but I’ve achieved a lot.

I don’t need to worry about my legs/arms/underarms being hairy. Even if they have a bit of hair, a few mins with the razor sorts them out… and that’s like only every 3-4 weeks No need for a Sunday locked in the bathroom just for waxing, just to remove the hair because it’s not like I wanted to show anyone my skin which was full of ingrowns. Just smooth skin now.

And my face… I can finally tuck my hair behind my ears or tie it up! I know no one is looking at my moustache any more, because I don’t have one!

Boy1989, I feel exactly the same. I have to literally plan the days where I wear short sleeves. Lock myself in the bathroom and epilate my forearms and shave my upperarms (because the hair there is fine enough to be shaved and not look like a man’s five o’clock shadow). If I’m feeling risque, ill go ahead an epilate my underarms. While epilating, I notice the hairs that are being ripped/torn out, are a meter long when they were like, a cm above my skin. Needless to say, it gets bloody sometimes.
Sigh, I can’t wait until I join the finally hair free club :confused:

It just sucks that completing this journey will take a very long time and expensive.
I just hope I’m done when I’m still young so I can enjoy the rest of my life not having to think about this.

I am just starting on my journey to freedom, but I can say that I’ve devoted all my birthday wishes, and most of my wishing on a star wishes to this lol. I can’t wait for the day that a friend asks me to go to the beach and I can say yes, and be out the door in 10 min, or getting to finally wear season appropriate clothing. :crazy:

Having this unwanted hair affects our lives sooo much. the fact that we have all at some point put or continue to put our lives on hold because of it, that some of us have lost relationships,become recluses and depressed, the realty that although it is a “cosmetic” issue (as my doctor likes to say) it is one that is debilitating and endlessly life altering for those who deal with it daily.

And it is daily isnt it? I’m willing to bet money that if we asked anyone on this forum, they’d say that at some point they did or still do, think about their hair problem everyday. I know I do.

Thinking about all the life experiences I’ve missed out on because of this,and will surely continue to lose out on the longer I wait makes me sad, and makes me want to do everything I can now!

I’ve saved some money for this, and I will continue to save most of any money I would’ve spent for clothes/drinking/coffee/daily lunch, and on and on for this purpose. I’m not saying dont do anything else, but we have to really budget and save money purposefully. I will even consider hitting up my dad to take a loan if I hve to( he’s not rich, he just has a line of credit lol)

My point being, we spend so much money on other things that dont affect our lives nearly as much. We go into credit card debt for a new tv, for those 5th pair of new shoes, or whatever is on our must have list.This is something to save for and invest in. I know I will be.

It has changed my life. I used to have black marks and bumps all over my bikini from ingrowns, they extended out quite a bit. I felt very self conscious with less-dressed moments. Now i haven’t had hair there for 15 years, and the skin is perfect.

I used to have to shave my legs at very least once a day, if i ever wanted to be with my guy that evening, i would have to shave my legs again. Now i shave my legs once every coupla months. Even now after 5 years I am elated by that. And i laugh when i shave b/c it takes 20 seconds. i’ve used the same razor head for a year. lol.

My underams were always dark and bumpy. Now i don’t even think about them. Sometimes i raise my underarm in the mirror just to see how nice and remember how yucky it was before.

My chin was a holy horror, after my initial electrolysis 15 years ago, i could finally stop caking on the makeup. (now i have new growth and quite a bit, but i’m gonna get that electrolysized (sp).

Oh how i dreaded my body b/c of all that hair I had had since i have 13 years old. It was a weight lifted off my shoulders after permanent hair removal. : ). i am so happy and proud of my smooth legs, i still can’t believe it. : ))

I really hope to join you all on this side!

^ Me too.

Finally I can answer this question myself :smiley:

I absolutely agree with what Josefa wrote.
I am very aware of the nakedness/“hair-freeness” (is that a word?) of my skin.
It is an amazing feeling, which I have never had before. After waxing I would typically get irritated skin and after some days new hairs would start to grow out. After shaving I would feel like a cactus the next day.

Another thing is some of the beard on my neck that was removed. I love that I don’t have to shave this each day. It is soft like a baby :smiley:

I can’t wait to have more electrolysis. I think it is addictive.
Yes, I will admit: I’m an electrolysis-addict.

Oh man I can’t wait to have that too. Shaving there is really horrible. It’s very sensitive skin on my neck and i get ingrowns and razor burns all over. I see other people and I envy them. I also only want a beard normally on the face and a bit under the chin it’s a dream for me. At this point there’s hair on my cheeks all the way down connected to my chesthair and I can’t wait for one day to be hairfree there.