Smooth Solutions, Advanced Skin Fitness, ETC

With Ideal Image out of the way, I have made a consult with Advanced Skin Fitness for next week. They also offer laser hair removal with the Alexandrite laser (Candela GentleLase) and advertise as being “transgender friendly” (which doesn’t mean they’re any good, but at least I won’t get thrown out or mean looks.) I’m having a hard time locating the Smooth Solutions place, but when I do I’ll consult with them as well (also looking at a plastic surgeon’s office, in addition to the chains.) I’ll post reviews of all of them as I get them done. I plan on seeing at least 3 or 4 more places before I make up my mind.

Christiane

With Ideal Image out of the way, I have made a consult with Advanced Skin Fitness for next week. They also offer laser hair removal with the Alexandrite laser (Candela GentleLase) and advertise as being “transgender friendly” (which doesn’t mean they’re any good, but at least I won’t get thrown out or mean looks.) I’m having a hard time locating the Smooth Solutions place, but when I do I’ll consult with them as well (also looking at a plastic surgeon’s office, in addition to the chains.) I’ll post reviews of all of them as I get them done. I plan on seeing at least 3 or 4 more places before I make up my mind.

Christiane

I’ve never heard of the company but I’m getting my face/neck done with the same laser and am happy with what results I’ve seen so far (of the test patch and first session) Transgender friendly is nice but as long as you can still dress butch/androgynously and pass as a guy there’s no need to even bring up gender issues (unless you’re already full time then yea I can see the concern)

The lady performing LHR on my face/neck has done at least a dozen male faces in the past and it’s something that’s not uncommon enough to throw up red flags to that. Look forward to the reviews and good luck hun!

found this website and address for SS by googling: http://www.smoothsolutions.net/
420 East Round Grove Road in Lewisville. http://www.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/stories/2003/08/18/daily30.html

Thanks! I already had electrolysis on my face, so I don’t need laser in that area. I dress pretty androgynously anyway, but after 1.5 years of hormones there is no way the tech wouldn’t be able to tell about the TS thing. I’m hardly secret about it, though, so I don’t much care as long as they give me good treatment.

Thanks. The site was down the other day, but works now. I have a consult with them next Tuesday at 11am.

C.