Smooth skin after first wax?

I’ve been toying with the idea of shelling out some cash to get a Brazilian wax. But I know I have sensitive skin(razor burn/ingrown hairs really easily, sometimes I bleed a tiny bit just while plucking eyebrows, etc.) and I’m wondering if it might actually take more like 3 or 4 waxings before my skin is actually smooth and normal looking afterwards…

I’ve tried one of a friend’s instant wax strip thing on my bikini line, and my skin did get really bright with red dots where the hairs were. I’m just wondering if it would be like that all over, and for how long… I don’t really have the money to spend $50+ on a wax job every month…

Hi,
I know you posted this awhile ago so maybe you already have your answers but…the red dots and redness in general are normal waxing reactions that usually go away pretty quickly. You do sound like you are pretty sensitive but it would be worth a try although I would highly recommend that the esto use hard wax. As for smoothness, it usually takes several waxing sessions to get all the hair caught up on the same growth cycle. This is normal and just a part of waxing. For ingrowns, using witch hazel is a really inexpensive way of helping to control them along with good exfoliation (a couple days or so after waxing) and good appropriate moisturization.