small scabs with electrolysis

Hi,

I have tried both Thermolysis and electrolysis on my side burns and cheeks. In both the cases I got some small scabs at the place of treatment. It is strange that the scab form in some area only and other area is pretty clear.
My electrologist is clueless as why i am getting small scabs. and unable to expalain.

could any body explain why I am getting scabs in some area only.

Also, my electrololgist tried thermolysis with insulated probe. and in some area I got small scabs but most of the area was clear.
He tried blend with both insulated and general probe. With insulated probe i didnot get any scabs. But the general probe caused me a lot of scabs.
He says generally general probe is used with blend and not the insulated one. and it is surprising for him too.

Could some body explain, about this scabing. like why i am getting them and how can my electrologist avoid it.

I will higly appreicate your response.

thanks in advane!

Hi James,

I have read couple of post of your and appreciate that you are trying to educate and help people like us who are new to this area and desperately looking for some solution.

I will highly appreciate if you can response to my question above on scabs

Thanks!

Needless to say, I have not seen you, and can’t really diagnose what is going on with you in particular.

There are a few possibilites for scabbing. Some are practitioner driven, others are client driven.

On your practitioner’s side, it could be the type of probe, (have him try Ballet Gold) the size of the probe could also be the problem. The vision equipment makes use of larger probes easier. If the vision equipment is low tech, one could simply be caught between a poking from a guestimated insertion, or a probe size that is not ideal for the job. The electrolysis machine can also be cuplable, in that more accurate, and lower irritation settings are possible on the newer computerized machines. (Silhouet-Tone VMC, Apilus SX-500 ect…)

Now, most often the reason is a client based problem. Your post treatment care is very important. The area must be kept clean and dry. Tea Tree Oil overnight and Aloe Vera during the day will do nicely. Aloe Cortisone will help heal in addition to keeping one from scratching. Some people scratch the area in their sleep. Another problem is oily skin, or sweat getting into the recently treated area. It is almost impossible to keep this from happening in warm climates unless you live in air conditioned paradise.

In any case, you should be ok, the worst you will need to do is treat the area with the Aloe and if you get pigmentation, a little hydroquinone to lighten the skin back up.