Slow Progress vs No Progress? (Pics)

Hello all!

Is it just me or do many of the photos posted here have broken links? It might just be because I don’t have a photo bucket account. I’ve also wished there were more client photos on here, so I thought I might as well start by posting my own!

Anyways, after seeing all the amazing 3 clearance progress photos on here I was a little let down with my personal progress. However, today when I looked at some of my progress pictures I can see some reduction, which is gratifying.

I am also going to include my treatment times, as that would have been very helpful for me to know when I began my journey.

Unfortunately, I don’t have pictures from before I started my underarms, but here some after I began.

Right Underarm: TTT = 6 hours 50 minutes.

1st clearance - (3? months growth) 2 hours 30 minutes

2nd clearance (2.5 months later) - 2 hours

- picture shows 4 months regrowth after 2 clearances

3rd clearance ( 3 months later) - 2 hours 15/20 minutes (f4 needle size)

- picture shows about 2.5 months regrowth after third clearance.

Left Underarm

Left picture: top half (after 2 clearances) bottom half (after 1 clearance)
Right picture: top half (after 3 clearances) bottom half (after 2 clearances)

TTT for left underarm = 4 hours 20 minutes.

Hope somebody finds this useful! (If not please let me know what sort of information from the “client” perspective you actually would find helpful!)

What does everybody think about my progress? Should I have made more progress after 3 clearances?

In my opinion, you are moving forward nicely, so keep going forward to get those clearances.

Every electrologist is different. Just get your clearances and make sure that the hair isn’t being tweezed.

Most of my underarm cases takes as much as 15-20 hours per side spread out over 18 months, give or take a couple months.

You have a lot of hair - more hair than the average female underarm! Just stick to the plan and the end will come.

1 Like

As an electrologist, if after 3 clearances with the “wait & clear” strategy I had these results, I would feel very dissatisfied with myself and I would think that something has to change urgently in order to improve my results.

1 Like

Josepha…on that subject…how long do you wait between clearances on an underarm? How do you deal with a client who has waxed or plucked excessively before ever seeing you ( I’m thinking about the ingrowns that result and how long it talkes t extract them on some people)?

Hi Seana,

I recommend 3 or 4 months before starting and 3 or 4 months between clearances.
Whatever the temporary hair removal system used preciously, this strategy allows the removal of 99% of the hairs in 3 clearings. If there are ingrown hairs, they are removed during the first and / or second clearance.

1 Like

Thank you for your input everybody!

Just as a side note - my hair removal method prior to electrolysis was shaving or hair removal cream. My hair underarm hair has never been waxed so I shouldn’t have slower results due to that.

@Deedra I plan to keep going even though it is taking longer than expected! I’m not sure if I am getting tweezed. When the hair is removed sometimes it feels like there is resistance to get it out - but then the white bulb is much bigger than the hair follicle so I think that is to be expected?

@Josefa_Reina Do you think it is possible my results are not as good as expected because I needed to wait longer between clearances?

I’m considering trying somebody else for my underarms.
I feel like I’ve given my current electrolysist a fair shot and the person is one of the most expensive in my city.

So, A-O, as a I said above, not all electrologists are the same. Many will not work on you for more than an hour, which is necessary to get a first, full clearances and subsequent clearances thereafter. You have a lot of hair and if those hairs are curvy, that is an extra hurdle.

In my locale of the world, everybody shaves and will not leave an area untouched for 3 or 4 months, so I have to deal with what is. I still get them finished, but not under the scenario of three clearances of wait and maintain. So, if your electrologist is doing perfect insertions and punching those hairs so they do not have any traction when lifted out, you will be finished in 18 to 24 months.

One last thing, there are not very many electrologists in certain locales, so you work with the one you have. Many can do this, but your progress will vary, There are many variables that play into the difficult task of removing hair permanently. Need I list the variables??

No, I dont think so. Based on what I can see in your photos, the length of the hair indicates that 1. The interval (waiting time) between clearances is optimal, and 2. That you are not touching (shaving) the area. Therefore, as far as you (the consumer) are concerned, you are doing things correctly. As Dee Fahey has said, many clients would not be so cooperative.

The reason you are not having better results is in your post: “When the hair is removed sometimes it feels like there is resistance to get it out “.
When this happens, the hair is being plucked exactly like you would do with your tweezers.

Some “experts” will say that: “The bulb is much bigger than the hair follicle so bla, bla, bla …” but this is nothing more than an excuse in order to justify a bad practice.

Without a good release, it is NOT electrolysis, but tweezing.

5 Likes

I love this response from Josefa . Learn it, love it, live it folks, this little gem right here is the difference between a mediocre electrologist and a rock star.

1 Like