Skin care after waxing

Hi everyone!

All the best to Andrea, great page, lots of info, advices, etc.
Now my questions.
What would be the skin care after waxing? I read that light dusting of baby powder before waxing is recommended (Andrea’s advice :-))), but what to do right after waxing? Baby powder again, oil, antibiotics, or?
I waxed my chest, but 24h later my skin was covered with red spots, and two weeks later I can see hairs under the skin, they are still not on the surface. Is there a way to avoid this unpleasant look?
This is my first chest waxing, so maybe it has to be like that. Or am I wrong?
How to avoid skin redness several days after treatment and on later stages?
Here in Europe, some people use aloe vera gel for skin care after waxing. Heared anything about that?

Thanks!

Immediately after, you should cleanse the area with witch hazel and apply a light coating of baby oil or 100% aloe gel. Some people like the product Tend Skin.

Once the red bumps have gone away the next day or so, you should start a program of exfoliating in the area to keep hairs from getting stuck under the skin. This should be done with light scrubbing, lotion (one with alpha-hydroxy acid if possible), and daily Tend Skin if your skin responds well to it.

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Originally posted by Andrea:
<strong>Immediately after, you should cleanse the area with witch hazel and apply a light coating of baby oil or 100% aloe gel. Some people like the product Tend Skin.

Once the red bumps have gone away the next day or so, you should start a program of exfoliating in the area to keep hairs from getting stuck under the skin. This should be done with light scrubbing, lotion (one with alpha-hydroxy acid if possible), and daily Tend Skin if your skin responds well to it.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>i thought i read that if you use tend skin at the same time as anything with an AHA, you can cause chemical burns… is this true?

You should not mix Tend Skin with an AHA and you should not apply them on top of each other.

However, the precautions regarding AHAs with Tend skin are for those consumers who have had a “lunch peel” using mild concentrations of AHA at a salon or deeper chemical peels performed by a dermatologist using AHAs and other stong concentrations of chemical exfoliants.

Tend Skin: precautions

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”> Do not use Tend Skin® Lotion within one month (or until you are advised by your doctor after having an exfoliant treatment(AHA’s, Glycolic’s, Accutane) in a salon or doctors office. The combination of agents can lead to chemical burning of the skin. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>

[ July 11, 2002, 10:00 PM: Message edited by: Andrea ]

What about azulene oil? Is this good for after waxing? Or is baby oil/aloe vera gel better?

Hey pplz!
can ne 1 tell me wat i should do after waxing. After waxing i get soemthing that appears to look like pimples within a few hours of waxing. Is this just an irritation or am i allregic to waxing? If i use baby oil to soothe the area will it make me break out in more pimples? And i also have some skin astringent thing that cleans the pores but has strong chemicals. i dun mind having dried skin as long as i dun get the pimples. Thanks for reading! :grin:

After waxing - don’t pick off those tiny pieces of wax that are stuck to your skin, it causes too much irritaion - use some olive oil to remove wax residue that hadn’t come off - then apply witch hazel or a tea tree oil product, then apply some aloe aloe and more aloe and yes, if you like, following up with a product that contains mostly azulene is fine. Then, after a few weeks, when you see hairs beginning to appear, exfoliating in the shower with an AHA cleansing gel is a good idea.

Just remember, adequate pretreatment waxing protocol, appropriate wax for your skin, and good waxing techniques will dimimish your unwanted skin reactions.