Skin around pore reacts?

Hi everyone -

I am using Ballet F2 needles on my leg hair, straight galvanic. Sometimes when I begin treatment on a hair the skin around the pore (about a 3mm circular area around the pore) will react, it almost seems to tighten or wrinkle. It’s a very very slight reaction and I do get small welts around each pore that go away after a few hours, but is this a normal reaction? It’s weird seeing the skin around the pore react and I’m wondering if it has to do with my insertion depth (too shallow or too deep).

Any advice is much appreciated! Thank you!

How much galvanic current are you using?

I’m using the One Touch at home unit on setting 0 (zero) so unfortunately I can’t go lower. The hairs are sliding out easily after 15 seconds.

15 seconds sounds too fast for straight galvanic to adequately treat a follicle. How coarse or fine is your hair? When hairs slide out, can you actually see the root sheaths?

The welts sound like a typical histamine reaction and are completely normal. As for the tightening and wrinkling, I don’t understand exactly what you mean. Galvanic electrolysis is inducing a very localised, minimised chemical burn from the lye produced in the follicle, so some reaction should be expected.

I’m confused about your settings. I would usually assume 0 means no current, and I agree that 15 seconds seems too little for typical leg hairs.

My leg hair is on the finer side, but it’s very dense. The hair slides out with no resistance, sometimes I just use my fingers to slide the hair out. And I do see the sheath and black bulb with the vast majority that I treat. I’m wondering if my unit’s setting dial is broken, I’ve heard of that with other One Touch units. Maybe the current is higher than the dial says.

There is some current at 0, and the hairs do slide out with no resistance with sheaths and black bulbs. My unit’s setting dial may not be very accurate since it’s just a One Touch unit.