Since I'm a do-it-yourser I'll post my ? here

what do goose bumbs and hair have in common?

it seems that when i get googebumps they form around the hair follicle.

also- i’ll add this in so its in the right section since there is no section for my ?
"don’t do self electro while u got goosebumps! why u ask? well i don’t know i’m just fittin my other? into this section:) lol

“Goose Bumps” are caused by the contraction of the tiny muscle attatched to the follicle called the “Arrector Pili Muscle”. The action of this muscle changes the path of the follicle, and contracts the shaft as well. Insertion into a follicle experiencing Arrector Pili Muscle Action would be a tighter fit and at a different angle.

Just another reason to have an electrolysis buddy to trade DIY electrolysis with if you insist on doing this.

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Originally posted by James W. Walker VII, CPE:
<strong>“Goose Bumps” are caused by the contraction of the tiny muscle attatched to the follicle called the “Arrector Pili Muscle”. The action of this muscle changes the path of the follicle, and contracts the shaft as well. Insertion into a follicle experiencing Arrector Pili Muscle Action would be a tighter fit and at a different angle.

Just another reason to have an electrolysis buddy to trade DIY electrolysis with if you insist on doing this.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>god bless you doctor, so what your saying is that if the hair is completly removed, there should be no goosebump formed when self inflicting goosebumps upon oneself!

for instance, slight touching of the skin, almost tickling on the skin directly after extraction of the shower.

And what your saying is if in fact the hair was complety killed during say laser, or electro then there will not be a goosebump!!! and I just proved in my theory that indeed there is a very reliable method to test if the follicle was indeed shafted correctly:)

I am not sure what your theory is here. Proper destruction of the germinative cells that produce hair should NOT destroy the Arrector Pili. In fact, destruction of the Arrector Pili would be an indication of poor technique. That would be overtreatment for sure.

Electrolysis should not cause the “goose bump” phenomenon, AND it should not disable one from experiencing it either.

[ February 03, 2003, 07:43 AM: Message edited by: James W. Walker VII, CPE ]

correct young man, but destruction and removal of the hair shaft
well, if the hair shaft is indeed removed

then the tiny muscle will have nothing to yank on, if there’s nothing to yank on then there will be no? signs of goosbumps?

for instance, palms and bottom of feet. I never see goosebumps on my palms.