Silhouette Epil 200

Hello folks!

I have just bought a second hand Silhouette Epil 200 but it comes with no instructions as to how to operate it. Even the user manual off the website doesn’t explain what to do. Is anyone here familiar with this machine and can tell me how to use it, or point me to a demonstration video? Here is a photo of what came with the machine.

1. How do I fit the needle into the holder? I have some gold Ballet needles size F3 and F4.
  2. What is the red cable for (‘hand held electrode’)?

I have read to only use galvanic as a beginner so there’s less chance of scarring/damaging my skin. The Silhouette Epil 200 has thermolysis, galvanic or blend.

I know it might seem rather reckless to do DIY electrolysis but I am housebound with chronic illness. That situation isn’t going to change anytime soon and I really want to get rid of as much body hair as I can! I’m so sick of being so hairy!

Well the good news is this appears to be a Sterex Blend capable machine. Sterex are well regarded in the industry and relatively simple. You’ll want to do some testingto make sure everything is operating correctly. Learn how to do an egg white test and a bubble test. Josepha Reina has some demonstrations of these tests here:

aand here:

As well as here:

While you are at it order “The Blend Method” available here:
https://www.texaselectrolysissupply.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=221&products_id=1736 and read to find out the process for finding your working point. . You can also get a partial version/ excerpt of this book here:

http://bonoelectrolysis.com/English%20GUIDE.pdf

While you are at TES consider purchasing this text:
https://www.texaselectrolysissupply.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=221&products_id=1688

That should be enough to get you started. Remember to never use an untested machine on your person. Always test first! Follow the pocedure for finding your working point carefully, increase in one modality ( galvanic or thermolysis ) at a time and NEVER on your face for first insertions.

That ought to keep you busy for a little while!

Seana

1 Like

Thank you for your reply, Seana.

The machine doesn’t appear to be working, and I can’t find any operating instructions/videos online. The brand’s own manual isn’t helpful at all!

With the handheld electrode (indifferent red cable), do I need to hold it at all times except for if it’s in diathermy-only mode?

Due to chronic illness, I can’t read well enough for the books you suggest and need a operating instruction videos instead. I wish now that I had bought a Sterex machine instead as at least there’s an online instruction video! I can’t find anything for this Silhouette Epil 200.

Anyway, thanks again.

Even this Answer come late.

With the handheld electrode (indifferent red cable), do I need to hold it at all times except for if it’s in diathermy-only mode

You need the Electrode NOT FOR DIATHERMY /THERMOLYSIS ONLY FOR BLEND

But Basically the machine should be Easily.

I mean you can let Galvanic off for example.

Diathermy you set to 3 (as example) , than the timer to 3-4 Seconds (as example) and than you use the handheld.

You can also work just with galvanic if you let diathermy off, or combinate both but proparly would try with low settings to test out how it works.
No Pure Diathermy Machine got a Electroode , with Blend they got it.

Best Example if you look for the EPIL 100 from Silhoutte , its also a PURE DIATHERMY MACHINE, You got no Electrode there too.

Even for Blend , you can wear it on Body (easily) , like put it inside your Pants , i mean between skin and pants or get something to put it on the sklin.that you dont need to hold it.