*Sigh* my neck still looks like hell

I used to have electrolysis on my body and remember that I did not have scabs. I started with a new electrologist and notice that I have lots of scabbing. I told my new electrologist about the scabbing and how this is new for me. She said that it is not unusual to have scabs on the body. When I told her that I didn’t get scabs in the past, she asked me if I ever felt tweezed. I said that I used to feel pulling more with my previous electrologist.

The new electrologist said, sarcastically, that if I wanted no scabbbing then she would have to tweeze me instead of use the needed amount of current.

Does this all make sense?

The client’s post treatment care can be the make it or break part it in the question of will one have scabs or not.

To do good work, and have no scabbing requires the skill to walk a tightrope while juggling and doing acrobatics. It is much easier to turn up the energy and “make sure to kill that hair”, the side effect is scabbing.

So while this result is not unusual, it is not necessary. The hard part is finding someone who can do the work without scabbing being a result more often than not.

Lastly, if one does treatments on the razor’s edge between just enough treatment, and too little treatment, one will have a popping sensation when the anchor system pops through the upper part of the follicle, as the treatment energy has been sequestered in the lower portion of the bulb area, and has not made way for the solidified tissue to pass through to the surface.

Thanks for the response James. I think I will live with a little scabbing here and there.

Update: About a week ago I shaved my neck and jawline area and my skin ended up beat red and bumpy. I went to my family doctor and gave him the long story about my problem. He gave me oral antibiotics, which I’m just finishing up now, and a prescription for antibiotic ointment and a steroid ointment. He said it looked like a case of folliculitis. The steroid ointment helped a lot in reducing the redness, but there is still discolorations on my skin and I’ve stopped using the the ointment because I was having some weird side effects. The antibiotic ointment helped a lot with reducing the bumps. Tomorrow I have an appointment with a dermatologist. I will keep everyone updated on my horror story, lol.

Well, I had an appointment with the dermatologist and she prescribed me Azelex to help speed up the hyper-pigmentation issue. The past week without using it I’ve noticed some improvement – slow and minimal improvement, but improvement none the less. I do still notice some pitting, but I think there is a bit of improvement there as well. I can’t be too sure just yet. The dermatologist assured me that it shouldn’t be permanent and should fade over a long duration. In the meantime, I resorted to wearing turtleneck, which isn’t fun considering the weather is getting warmer. An even bigger issue that is bugging me is all of the hair growing in the area. I’ve been shaving and plucking the area, but the dark spots persist. Ugh…

I wish I could treat your hair problem so that at least you did not have that to deal with. I know we could get a first clearance on the first go at it. Then you could maybe keep up with it with who ever is in your area, as they would be catching things as they come in.

Oh well, we can dream.

We can dream! I don’t even know of any reliable or good electrologist around this area, yet I hear so many good responses from people on this forum about you guys! Makes me wish I lived narby. Free room and board for a year of your services? Haha just kidding…

I was held hostage in Hawaii for 3 months once.
Although my mainland clients were ready to send The A-Team to extract me, and bring me back. But, hey, it was winter, and I was not shoveling snow. :grin: Now where did you say you lived again? :wink:

Although my mainland clients were ready to send The A-Team to extract me, and bring me back, I was in no hurry. But, hey, it was winter, and I was not shoveling snow. :grin: Now where did you say you lived again? :wink:

Although my mainland clients were ready to send The A-Team to extract me, and bring me back, I was in no hurry. But, hey, it was winter, and I was not shoveling snow in Buffalo NY. :grin: Now where did you say you lived again? :wink:

Haha, I’m sure I would probably hold you hostage for a couple of months to tame this wild curse on my face! I live in Michigan. There is nothing attractive about this state so I doubt I would be able to entice any of the pros to move here, haha. Okay, plan B… I move in with you and offer maid service! Can you hear the desperation in my text? Lol

Hmmm, maid service… Have I got a project for you!
You wouldn’t live in the easy part of Michigan where you pass through Canada, and arrive in Niagara Falls in about 5 hours, would you? I bet you live up near my buddy in Moose Country at the top of the state.

I was wondering about the blend. I recently started doing it on my breasts and bikini but in the past I have had thermolysis in other areas that are completed.

I was wondering why once in awhile I get a dark area where the electrode has been touching my skin. She mentioned that at the
site there can also be s a chemical reaction too and that will heal. She said that she can’t always tell who will react and
when and why but during treatment she moves the electrode in different places. She says it does not happen with thermolysis
but I like blend in certain areas. Is this an unusual side effect of blend and why does it happen sometimes and not others? How do I lessen the possibility of the hyperpigmentation? Should I forget blend altogether?

How long does this take to heal. My electrologist said it could take several weeks to fade. Does that make sense?

I would totally take on the project! I’m in such desperate need! Caking on makeup is getting pretty darn old in my life. I sometimes wonder why some women have to be cursed with this issue. How the heck are we suppose to feel sexy with whiskers on our face? It is even more frustrating that some people don’t understand and make fun of the issue! I’m coming back as a cat in my next life. I’m already halfway there with the whiskers!

I live about an hour and a half from the border that you are talking about that crosses over to Canada!

While the probe in your follicle is producing Lye, the so called indifferent electrode, or ground is producing Hydrochloric Acid. In the old days, people would sometimes mistake the polarity of the machines, and instead of performing electrolysis, they would be tattooing the person as the probe would be burning the inside of the follicle with Hydrochloric Acid causing a black scar inside.

In your case, you are just more sensitive, or you are producing more sweat, or your sessions just managed to run a little long on the days you had this result.

The way to avoid this is to either move the ground around every now and then, or hold it in your hand instead.

This will tend to fade in anywhere from 6 weeks to 6 months. It is a type of chemical burn.

Although I would LOVE to get my project done, you would have a shorter trip to go and see my dear friend Dee in Columbus. Why don’t you see about getting in some time with her. I know she can make that pesky hair disappear.

Mapquest informs me that Columbus is five hours away cries… just kidding. I may have to honestly consider a road trip one of these days just to gauge an understanding of what a proper treatment feels like. Until then, I’m thinking of making an appointment with my doc and inquiring about vaniqa to help the problem subside until my skin gets back to normal and try to find a competent electrologist in the area.

If all else fails… one of you guys might see a lady with a beard on your street corner waving a sign, “will work for electrolysis.” Haha!

Yes, please do seriously leave no rock unturned to find an electrologist near you, chewy, and then make the circle wider and wider, if you have to, until you find someone good. It is hard to travel. Frequently, I advise people from out of town, to do this or let me do the hard part up front to eliminate / clear the biggest baddest boys (hairs) and then carry on with someone closer who can keep you cleared and leave you with a good healing scenario until you are finished. Traveling is expensive and can be a hardship, so do your best to find someone closer to home.

Vaniqa is best for peach fuzz on female facial areas. Thick hair? mmm?

One other thing to factor into the cost, the last time I looked Vaniqa costs almost as much as an hour of electrolysis in some areas. Over the course of many years, electrolysis would be cheaper than the Vaniqa alone, and electrolysis is permanent.

Dee,

I made the first step to starting my search, but I’m unsure if it is too soon to continue with treatment. I still have some discoloration, which is subsiding, but slowly. I’m also using a cream prescribed by the dermatologist to help speed up the process called Azelex, which dries the skin a bit. The dermatologist suggested that I place the cream on after applying a moisturizer over the area to diminish some of the effect since my skin has been sensitive lately. This method has been working for me and the cream has helped a bit with some of the ingrown hairs I have been getting, which the dermatologist said would happen. I believe some of the ingrown hairs coming through are hindering the healing process of the hyperpigmentation. The shaving and plucking isn’t having a positive effect on my skin either, but it is extremely hard to go for very long without doing one or the other. I figure I might as well try to tackle the whole issue head on again with electrolysis. I made an appointment at a place about an hour and a half away from where I live. I found them online and they have a website. I made an appointment for 20 minutes and briefly described my situation on the phone. Honestly, I’m anxious and scared of letting anyone near my neck again! Either way, I will keep everyone updated and I will make sure to post both positive and negative experiences. I swear if I don’t find someone good soon… I will be making the five hour drive to see you! You or James will be my last hope! Let’s hope it doesn’t have to come to that, though!
As for the vaniqa, I’ve read through a variety of different experiences with it on this forum. I’ve considered maybe giving it a shot to at least temporary help with the hair issue until my skin is in better condition. Would it be okay to couple this with electrolysis? At least temporarily?

Ihatebodyhair,

Actually, it would be cheaper for me to drive. I’ve searched flights to places only a state or two away when I was considering visiting a friend and it came up as a couple of hundred dollars since I don’t live nearby a large airport.

VickieCNY,

I saw that vaniqa is quite costly. I was actually considering it as a temporary method until my skin is back to normal!