Should I go with the TES owner's recommendations?

I emailed the owner of TES asking for pictures of the Elite Spectrum so that I could see its condition but instead of sending the pictures, the owner called me and said that he recommends the Fischer Compu-Blend CBX. He said this on the basis that the Elite Spectrum is not beginner friendly.

He also stated that the Elite Spectrum is not capable of doing straight galvanic. And finally, that galvanic is less safe than thermolysis and it will make your face appear aged faster.

I guess my question is: should I take his advice and go with the Fischer Compu-Blend CBX?

And also, is his statement correct about the Elite Spectrum not being beginner friendly and galvanic being more dangerous?

I am not in any rush to purchase a machine. So I’m okay with waiting for a machine to become available somewhere else or saving up and buying a new elite spectrum. I would love to hear your feedback! Thanks!

I would disagree on a few points. First, yes the elite spectrum is definitely capable of pure galvanic. There is some learning but I have found the interface quite navigable. And the owner of Instantron , Skip Mahler goes above and beyond in supporting his customers.
The Fisher CBX has not been manufactured for several years and as far s I know Fisher doesnt support them anymore.It’s not a horrible machine, actually of quite high quality but I would think the controls would have just as steep a learning curve.
I’ve pointed out this thread to Skip, so maybe he will respond in more detail.

Seana

1 Like

The elite Spectrum is the perfect machine for the beginner and the advanced user. It has been designed to offer every kind of treatment imaginable, and very easy to set up. Our customer support is second to none, and both the electrologist and their clients are very satisfied with these machines. They’re extremely fast and comfortable. I invite any questions personally.

2 Likes

Hey Skip! Thank you and Iluv2zap for the fast reply!

I was pretty sure the elite spectrum was capable of pure galvanic. I was sold on the machine until I hit this road bump. Maybe you should call TES and let them know that your Elite Spectrum IS capable of galvanic. :joy:

It appears as though I may have to purchase a new one from you directly. But considering the cost it may be better to just go to a professional (I’m getting it for DIY).

Would you be able to put a cord compatible with US outlets if I happen to get a new one from you?

Thanks again!

Hi, the Spectrum can be used for Galvanic by itself very easily, or in any combination with thermolysis. Straight galvanic takes some time to do the job, and is the original method that was used from 1880 through the 1940’s when Thermolysis became available.
The
This machine is made in the USA, and can be used anywhere in the world. We provide the proper AC cord for the USA market. The Fischer is a used machine and not serviceable unless all schematics are available. Whatever you choose, I would go with a new machine fully guaranteed. Thank you!

2 Likes

I dont recommend the instantron lightly. I’m an owner of an Instantron Spectrum Elite. Skip is not only a manufacturer but also a certified trainer in electrolysis. He’s walked me through settings over the phone or facebook chat, not only me but my employees as well. It happens that the Instantron Spectrum Elite is priced less than 1/4 what my current Dectro machine cost me new which makes it within the realm of possibility of someone learning electrolysis and wanting a reliable and supported machine and professional electrologist alike.

1 Like