Should I Cease Laser Treatments?

Hi everyone. I’m confused about a thing and since you all have been so helpful and understanding so far, I’d love to get your opinion on it.

I’ve got laser treatment on my lower leg and the esthetician also treated my toes and also she spent a few seconds on my feet. However, I remember only having 4-5 fine hairs on my feet and the toe hairs a lot however they were fairly fine. Now that it has been about 7 weeks after the treatment and I have a lot of hair on my feet than I ever did (I’d say 30 or maybe more on each foot).

Having PCOS and having a lot of hair all over my body, but not coarse and mostly brown-ish, I have always kept an eye on the idea of laser induced hair growth but I have no idea about hair cycles and I’d like to ask:

Is 7 week post-treatment adequate time to decide that laser is causing paradoxical hair growth on a particular area?

I’m sure about having only 4-5 hairs on each foot because I closely examined the parts to be treated before and to be honest up until now, they did not bother me. Now there are a lot of hairs on my feet but not coarse or black, just dense compared to how it used to be and totally noticable now. Any kind of feedback and opinion, suggestion is much appreciated.

Have a great day/evening/night, wherever you are. :slight_smile:

How many treatments you had? So before 7 weeks ago you never had more than 5 hairs and now you have a lot? Laser induced hair growth in women is generally reported in facial areas, but out of caution I would avoid treatment in the area.

2 Likes

From my observations. On a daily basis, this is very common. Today I had a client, full body lasered - had find peach fuzz on back and now needs a full strip with electrolysis as it had been stimulated thick and long - lower arms sets off upper arms and shoulders , thighs set off buttocks etc. Have no explanation for why, purely observation and extremely common
Maybe somebody could research this or maybe somebody has? Just be aware and trust your observations then make choices

1 Like

I only had 1 treatment so far and it was 7 weeks ago, I believe that the joule or whatever the unit is too low and that caused the issue, I’m thinking of stopping altogether if that’s the case because then I would be risking my lower leg as well, which is a large area and would cost me much much more if I had wrong type of treatment and it caused more hair than I already had.

@ Fenix, I am of the opinion you are incorrect about laser not causing hypertrichosis on body areas. I’'ve treated many clients body areas that the growth resulted from laser stimulation. on the body, in one case this ended up being a full torso job for someone who has just 2 treatments . It absolutely happens , and frequently.

1 Like

Hypertrichosis can happen on the body as well as the face. I have observed this phenomenon in my practice.

1 Like