Should I buy one of these?

I’d love to know if this Apilus Electropil Jr which is quite heavily used for $950 is a good deal:

Or should I invest $3200 in this Clareblend Elegance which seems to be in great condition:

I’m interested in getting this for DIY btw! And I’d love to save some money if I can!

Also, on a side note. Since I plan to start with galvanic, should I start with insulated probes?
Thanks so much everyone!!

In this case, the Apilus represents better value for your purposes. You don’t need to be spending thousands on a machine with all this functionality you’ll probably never use.

Insulated probes are not suitable for galvanic, but I doubt you’ll spend much time using galvanic due to how slow it is.

Thanks for the reply!

I was concerned because the Apilus looks so incredibly used and I can’t seem to find any manuals on Texas Electrolysis Supply or even on eBay.

It definitely looks a bit used and dirty, but what matters is whether or not everything works internally. When buying older machines, it’s difficult to know how much support you’ll find if something breaks. Not having access to a manual can also be a concern.

If you have concerns about the Apilus, it’s better to avoid buying it and wait for something else to come along. I still wouldn’t bother with the Clareblend though. At that price, it doesn’t make sense for you.

Great advice!

I’m gonna pass on both machines for now and maybe get a used Instantron Elite Spectrum from TES :grin: