Should I be concerned?

Should I be concerned with what the provider told me?

I had my first procedure done on my face and they used the Max laser from Elos. The girl that did the procedure had been doing laser hair removal for 5 years. I’ve attached a picture taken about 90 minutes after.

I told them:
I had a lot of red bumpiness afterwards that is still not 100% gone this morning. My face also felt like it was on fire for 3 or so hours, like when you get sunburn and have all that heat coming off your body. I had to sit in front of a fan for a couple of hours to make it feel better.

They said:

The reaction on your face is normal. Applying ice before the treatment and after for a little while can help.

The red bumpiness is where you will see results. This is active hair growth. Does this make sense!?!

Thanks!
Curtis

qwerty Attachments

Photo202.jpg

Feeling “hot” or “on fire” after the session is done is usually a bad sign. I don’t feel pain after my sessions are done. The only time I did feel it, a burn mark showed up the next day.

The pic does not look that bad if it was right after your treatment. If it is not gone after 24 hours, then I would be concerned.

Curtis, I had similar “whelps” and bumps after my first treatment. And I also felt like I’d had a mild sunburn. However that was all gone the next day. I think you’re fine. Since you posted your comments a few days ago, I’d be curious to know how things are going. This past treatment, on Dec 2, was the first time I had anything done on my facial hair, which was on my neck and cheekbone area. Honestly, I can’t really tell if it did any good on my neck, but definitely has made a difference on my cheeks. The skin was tender the first day, but, again, after about 24 hours the color was gone and felt fine.

This was taken a couple of days ago. I was told this is just because the skin was irritated, which sounds right. Not gone yet. Maybe I have really thick hair.

qwerty Attachments

Photo205.jpg