Should I be concerned, or is this normal 2 days after a session?

I had my very first session of electrolysis on my chin/jaw area two days ago, and this is what the area looks like 2 days later.

Is this normal or cause for concern?

Would also appreciate advice on what I should do.

Thanks!

The scabs are too large and numerous. This is a clear case of overtreatment but not severe enough at least with a single treatment to be concerned about how your skin will heal, but, you do NOT want this happening with each treatment. I recommend you discuss this issue with your electrologist (send photos) and see if settings can be tweaked or the technique changed. Your second option is to find another electrologist. Good luck.

1 Like

What exactly does “overtreatment” mean? That the settings were too high?

I’ll bring it up with the electrolysis, but in the meantime, is there anything that you recommend I do to my skin to help it heal?

Also, how long do you recommend I wait before doing another session?

Thanks!

I sent the electrologist the pictures and this was their response. Thoughts? Should I go back and try lower settings (which they only offered after I brought up lower settings) or should I just try to find a new electrologist? Thanks!

Also, do you agree with the recommendation to use hydrocortisone cream on the area?

Overtreatment means energy levels were too high and/or insertions were too shallow. From your electrologist’s response, it sounds like they are convinced this is normal. My advice is to find another electrologist.

1 Like

I think that adjustments should be made. This is treatment beyond necessity. Do not repeat it. Let it heal completely. I like that your electrologist made a very wise statement, “We could try adjusting settings next visit.”

1 Like

Hello :wave:t3:, can you update us how is going now?
Do you still seeing it?