Short Wave Electrolysis

My skin is extremely sensitive and cannot tolerate Thermolysis. Blend takes forever. I have heard about Short Wave Electrolysis, is this effective?

High-frequency hair removal epilators have gone by many names - Radio Wave, Diathermy, Short Wave, Radio Frequency, ect. All epilators for permanent hair removal remove hair by thermolysis, which is destruction by heat. Short wave is no different than thermolysis. Just a lot of names for the same thing.

Thermolysis, short wave, whatever you choose to call it, is a very effective modality for permanently ridding one of hair. You would need to define your side effects with more detail. Temporary side effects are common as we are destoying tissue, but shouldn’t last too long or look too obvious. If you could sample a treatment with a practitioner that has a quality, computerized epilator, I’m guessing that you would be amazed at the condition of your skin soon after a treament.

In the beginning, there is always that fine line we walk as we try to figure out the right the amount of heat for the right amount of time that is needed for a clients skin. Sometimes, sensitive skin may not be the problem, but rather the problem may lie with the practitioner’s equipment and/or abilities. You may be fine if one performs thermolysis on you utilizing good vision, light and hair removal equipment. Without knowing much more information, I’m only taking wild guesses in your situation.

Dee

In my opinion, you are best off finding someone utilizing either an Apilus SX-500, Apilus Platinum, Fishcer Compublend CBX, or Silhouet-Tone VMC machine, and is skilled enough to set the treatment settings for a one zap hair kill, work the auto sensor with no foot tapping, and be off on the fastest, yet most comfortable hair removal you can get.

This is not easy to find, but it does exist.

Please keep something in perspective: it is not unreasonable to have high expectations with electrolysis however the, “one zap hair kill” will only work when hairs are treated in the growing stage.

How can you know the hairs are in the growing stage?

If you are consistent with your treatments or if you shave the area a couple of days prior to treatment and you are in the hands of a skilled practitioner, you will then experience the, “one zap hair kill”. Otherwise the, “one zap hair kill” will not work regardless of who works on you, regardless of what equipment is used.

If one gets full clearance, and then sticks to the schedule, all hairs thereafter are in growth phase.